Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question re 1608 & 9608 phones on IPO500 v2 Rel.9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_A1SL

Technical User
Jan 13, 2017
GB
I'm setting up a refurbished IP Office v2 on Release 9.0.3.
The control unit is loaded with 2 x Combo cards in slots 1 & 2 and 2 x TCM8 cards in slots 3 & 4
The system has currently not got any trunks connected (as our 3 x ISDN lines are in use with our existing Norstar Compact v4 system) so am setting up the IPO just as an intercom at the moment.
Thanks to some previous help from this forum, I have a handful of M7324 and M7208 Norstar phones working and an analogue phone too.
I'm struggling with the DS ports - I have a 9608 and a 1608 connected on the first BRI card on extensions 200 and 201 respectively, with PoE for the 9608.
Both phones boot up and display a "No Ethernet" message. I know how to go into the setup menu on the 9608 with the CRAFT password, however cannot get past the "No Ethernet" issue. The CCU is connected to our LAN and I am using IP Office Manager. I don't want to do any VoIP calls at the moment and expected the phones to boot up and be usable on intercom as ext. 200 and 201. Perhaps I'm missing something very basic? I'm thinking the 1608 may not suitable for direct connection to a DS port and is just an IP phone only. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

You are right..9608 & 1608 are IP phones...do not connect them to the DS CARD PORTS.

The ip phones connect to your computer network were the LAN 1 is connected,.
You will also need AVAY IP ENDPOINT LICENCE FOR EACH PHONE.

Connect only digital phones to the first 6 ports on the Combo card..1416,1408,1403,9508.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back