Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question....Collect Directory of the sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

efrels

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2001
US
Quick History
I was not around when our TNG system was installed and configured, but have been given the task to understand and maintain the system. Version TNG 2.2, AMO 301, SD 3.?, and a remote control option. I have been focusing on the AMO 3.0.1 option. I'm been going through the manuals and they are massive. So I'm looking to cheat a little and have someone explain what is happening.

We are in a NT/NOVELL environment some units report to a staging server and on that server there are two directories ( \\server\casd\sd\asm\sector\collect\00000001....00000002) the 00000001 Directory as 33,000 1k files the other has 37,000 1k files.
Now if I'm understanding things correctly they are the ID's for different units. Now they look like some type of log. I have file name of G30GYABM and there are 207 of them .S00 - .SCE.
The contents of the files only have ( [id:39f4a36b,00000015] and script executed ).

What are they there for and can I delete them?

Dude!!
The collect folder is not part of the Staging Server (SDO) but rather part of the Sector (Asset Management). Sounds like your staging server also has a SECTOR.
The Sector is a holding place for information gathered by all the agents at a particular site. The data should only be in here for a limited time as an ENGINE located at the main site periodically visits all SECTORS and collects the data.

Sounds like you data hasnt been collected for a long period of time, I wouldnt delete them until you are sure the data has been added to the AMO DOMAIN.

--eTnee--

I've found our AMO is missing a patch to fix that problem.
Tech support told me it's OK to delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back