Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new voice -mail system

Status
Not open for further replies.

letman2

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
US
Any suggestions for a new v-mail system for 7500 users that is capabile of sending v-mail to e-mail. it must also light the mwi and be government approved. Avaya offered CMM but it would cost over 300k.

with 7500 users and applications like vm to email, you have to have PBX level and cost will be high in any system you will install

any system with 7500 users will cost alot of $$$. its not the hardware but the software licensing per mailbox.

Avaya's MM can provide the features required in either MSS, Exchange of Domino backends, and support multiple integration types, ie IP, SIP, E1/T1, DCP, analogue

With CM4.0.2 (current JITC load) you can probably use MM with MSS backend (to support restricted client). You will need to check version for JITC certification. MM scales well. Not sure if SIP integration is certified yet. You may need to look at DS1 integration which means purchase needs to be before the end of the year. Avaya will be migrating to SIP only using Audio Codes gateways to support legacy integtation such as DS1. May be awhile before you see JITC on that one.

Jimbo

AVST -- cost is by port not by vmail boxes. I have 4k + users on 60 ports. Includes Simple UM = vmail to email which is free. But is configured per vmail box. However simple UM is not sync'd with email meaning you delete in email... the vmail is still in vmail. You have to delete twice. I get around this by putting Simple UM users in a COS that has a very short vmail retention time. Users can also manage via web browser.

You should check them out... I've been very happy with it's performance. It beat Avaya MM out as its able to integrate with many more types of PBX's...

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back