Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Vector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizbri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
Can anyone tell me the steps needed for the following call flow? My Call Center tech is on vacation. Thanks

1 Will ring into available agents.
2 Will continue to route through available agents for up to 60 seconds with messages on hold.
After 60 seconds will be given option to leave message or continue to hold. See message below.
**This will be an endless loop until they decide to press 1 or hold for an agent to become available.**
3 If they select 1, it will roll out to a voicemail box.

the vector steps would be:
1-queue to split(or skill) xx priority xx
2-wait 60 seconds hearing music
3-collect 1 digit after announcement xxxx (prompt to press 1 to leave message)
4-route to number xxxx with coverage y if digit = 1 (or you could put in messaging split xx for extension xxxx)
5-go to step 2 unconditionally

The caller will stay in queue until an agent becomes available or they press 1 to be transferred to the mailbox.
Also if it's not a 24 hour service you may want to start with some alternate routing for non-business hours.

thanks bleebrant, i'll give it a shot - vectors have always been something I just dont get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back