Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to ipo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

endlesswinter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2005
US
Im playing with a R7 IP office this weekend. I can't seem to figure out the Delay for Auto attendant. What I would like is 4-5 rings on the phones before the AA picks up. All copper trunks in incomming call route 0, adn the 0 is assigned to the extensions. Where do I put the AA into the mix?

Embedded VM: Incoming calls ring to a hunt group, which overflows to another hunt group. That overflow hunt group is sequential, contains only one member, that is forwarded to the Auto Attendant.

VM Pro: Incoming calls ring to a hunt group, cover to voicemail, leave action redirects to the Auto Attendant.

Thanks. I'm using the embedded VM.Not quite sure I follow you, what or who is the one member in 2nd HG? It sounds like I assingn a member to the 2nd level of the hunt group and forward that member to AA. Is that correct?

Create system short code eg *98 Feature = Auto Attendant, telephone number = AAname (whatever you have called your AA)
1.Create a Virtual extn in USER e.g. Extn 220.
2.Make it Fwd Unconditional + Fwd Hunt group & internal calls.
In Fwd number enter *98.
3.Create new Hunt Group e.g. 300 > Sequential > in USER LIST enter virtual extn 220 only.
4.In Main Hunt Group 200, enter Hunt Group 300 into OVERFLOW GROUP LIST and set Overflow time to required amount.
5.Check Main Hunt Group 200 is selected in INCOMING CALL ROUTE destination list.
6.Set up AA as normal.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"I have one speed, I have one gear...GO!!!" - Charlie Sheen

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Got it. Thanks that is set up and now it answers the calls and the delay can be adjusted in the overflow. The problem I'm having now is it answers with the "no one is available to take your call". So I checked my AA greeting of Short Code *8101( I set a time profile of 24-7 for testing this) and it lets me record a greeting but when I press 1 to review the greeting its says it hasn't been recorded. I have tried several times. Enable local recording is checked, and the system is on the most current software release for R7. Seems like Im overlooking something pretty basic.

You need to record it with *8401
The 8101, 8201 and 8301 are for "good morning", "good afternoon" and "good evening" messages and require time profiles.
Then you still need to record the *8401 because that is the menu prompt.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

ok the Greeting is now on *8401. when I dial short code of *98 it says to hear the recording press 1 so I do and it plays the greeting I want to play, this generic greeting also comes on when I call from outside or dial 220 direct. 220 is the virtual fwding extension.

If you have recorded the Menu greeting in *8401, when you call *98 or Extn220 you should hear your recording and not the prompts.

Make sure in the 'Telephone Number' field of your Auto Attendant shortcode you have the colon in place, e.g. AA:GroupName

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

Thanks every one this worked. I whipped the system clean started fresh and it worked great. I must have done something prior to theese post to hose things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back