Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Merlin Magix Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaseshift

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2004
US
My vendor that is quoting me a systems in the range of 40k - 45k for a new Merlin Magix system.

This seems high to me.

Does anyone else know if this price is the norm?

Thanks.

That's high, unless it's maxed out with 100+ new phones or includes cabling or other extras. Most run $8K-$35K. What is the configuration that was priced? (Number lines & number phone sets.)

Here is the config:

MERLIN MAGIX System Processor R3.0: For
use in metal basic carrier, no clamshell
included.

Expansion Carrier with power supply
Basic Carrier with power supply
412 TDL Module
024 TDL Module (qty 2)
016 Tip/Ring Module
100 DCD Board (for T1/PRI lines)
MERLIN MESSAGING R3.0 module 617D49
MERLIN MESSAGING R2 back-up and license
card 12H2: Supports 4 ports

MERLIN MAGIX R3.0 System CD ROM:
Provides system documentation along with
the new WinSPM R8 administration tool.

MERLIN MESSAGING R3.0 CD ROM: Provides
documentation and application files

4424 Telephones (qty 2)
DSS (qty 2)
4412 Telephones (qty 43)
CSU
Installation
4412 Telephones bases (qty 43)

I might have some alterbate sources you could try. Are you looking for brand new or used? tomd

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Who is going to install, program and MAKE SURE IT WORKS?

I can also quote such an item, with REFURB stuff and probably SAVE YOU A TON of $$$.

And, OF COURSE I can be the Programming person as well.

Answer the above questions and we will know what steps to take next.

AND - TIME FRAME????

I am really not intrested in other offers. The situation with my vendor is difficult. They will be replacing an IP Office system I have in house already. I really just need to know it I am getting ripped off or not.

Well, as mentioned earlier - the system can be had for significantly less than the figure you quoted and phones can be had brand new for about $159 each or about $7,000. The bases would add another couple of hundred dollars. You can certainly get the whole thing for less than $20,000 - so I wonder how good a deal you are getting on trading in your IP Office - of course, that partially depends on what you paid for it initially.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

At least make sure that your quotation indicates "New" or "Factory reconditioned" equipment with equivalent new warranty.

I have new equipment. I bought an IP Office system and paid a hefty 45K.

IP Office does not work very well so I am looking at getting a Magix installed. My vendor says he can do it for the same price.

Sound like a rip off to me but I don't know.

It is a ripoff - but it seems you have no choice!

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Knowing it's a rip off I am going try and get them to take the equipment back and go with a diffrent vendor.

Thanks

I think your first indication is that the Merlin Magix and Merlin Messaging are in release 4 while your vendor is quoting you a release 3. The other thing, if you are currently using 4400 series telephones on the IPOffice, you can reuse those on the Magix.

franke

yeah, according to tdaugirdas I paid double for my phones so they better work.

I didn't know that about the release. This just keeps getting worse.

Your "ripoff" vendor can easily upgrade both the processor and messaging to Release 4.0 - he probably has the upgrades available - and they won't cost him anything. I would insist on the upgrade to release 4.0 for both processor and messaging.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Your vendor is most likely trying to get rid of old stock he has on hand, and come out all right on his IP Office loss. Rough ball park is that you are overcharged by a factor of only 2.

Pepperz at newper dot net

My vendor and I have gone back and forth today. He is still insisting that a "new" Merlin magix cost 38-40K. Is he just straight lying to me?

Plus no dice on getting my money back yet.

It’s been a frustrating day to say the least.

Dealers are pretty free to set prices wherever they like. Most dicount 20 to 30% off of Avaya list. But, as noted earlier - you should be able to get the Magix system you specified in the 20k range. tomd

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back