Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Merlin Magix Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaseshift

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2004
US
My vendor that is quoting me a systems in the range of 40k - 45k for a new Merlin Magix system.

This seems high to me.

Does anyone else know if this price is the norm?

Thanks.

My question is ,why cant they get the IP Office to work.
Ive installed Partners and Magix for years. I have no problems with the IP office. My company is installing at least 3 IPO's a week successfully.

FRANK C
CONSOLIDATED TECHNOLOGIES
AVAYA PLATINUM BUSINESS PARTNER
ACA CERTIFIED

I agree with fonetek. I'd take an IP Office over a Magix any day of the week. The Magix is a good, solid product that "does what it does". However, it is difficult to imagine an application that is more suited to a Magix vs IP Office...

Mike

I have heard exactly the opposite - that IP Office is a "problematic" product that was not well thought out and has a high percentage of manufacturing defects; is rife with problems and over-promises - and that many customers who initially "jumped on the bandwagon" are switching back to systems like Magix.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

That was true about a year ago, Im having great success with the product these days.I still install magix to people
who have very basic needs.

FRANK C
CONSOLIDATED TECHNOLOGIES
AVAYA PLATINUM BUSINESS PARTNER
ACA CERTIFIED

I not sure what you mean by 'basic needs'. With the exception of the IP portion and the built in hub, the Magix has pretty much all the same features as the IPOffice. Plus if the Magix needs to go IP, there are always the IP adjucts. That's not to say the IPO is 'bad', in fact they have made considerable improvements to the software (ie R3) but each switch meets the needs of the customer...not everyone needs or even wants IP telephony.

franke

I have delt with only a handful of IP Office systems. They have all had problems and the IP techs have always had a horrible time with getting the bugs worked out. I have used and supported the Merlin platform for 10 years. While it is sometimes cumbersome to program, I can do just about anything that most customers want with it and price it well under that of the IP office. I could install a new magix and have it fully programmed and the entire customer staff trained for under 25K, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back