Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New line/set 5330e to 3300 Old Copper tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhandleis

Technical User
Feb 24, 2011
US
Old Verizon copper guy, who was just getting the Mitel 2000sx in and outs. I now have a new 3300 mitel switch with the 2000 switch.
No training given on 3300 just cheat sheet from installer.

Well cheat sheet is missing and I have a word order to put a IP set in President's office. Any help will help, point me to a site, send me a cheat sheet.

Thanks you all for the great information on this site.

Well I don't have a cheat sheet but we need to get ya started .

Is the 3300 providing DHCP or is the customer ?
You will have to see what ext they use today and then find an available one. Are you doing the programming from scratch or has someone already programmed the phone and you are just putting it in ?

Doing it from scratch. Not sure about DHCP. The set will be working connected to his computer, that is in place and working.

Do an ipconfig on his PC and see what it says for the dhcp server (address that is) that should give you a bump to know what is doing DHCP. It shouldn't really matter unles you virtual networks running. Plug the phone in and see if it boots to the "enter pin" screen.

I guess it was easier to say that wireman50 LOL... yes pluig the phone in ans see if it comes up and says "use hold key to send pin

In which case you have to send its (enter it on the keypad) extension number and then press the hold key and it will register IF you have set up the phone on the 3300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back