Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new install MICS 7.1 most station ports have trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2010
US
Hey all, I have a refurb MICS 7.1 with cp150 that i setup over the last three weeks at my office and it worked great. I moved it today to permanently install it at the customers and now half of the stations do not work. If you plug a t7316 into a station port it will instantly flash red at a super high rate (message waiting light)and the bottom three buttons flicker too at the same time. Any ideas? Some of the station ports ARE working fine. I am wondering if the KSU was damaged during transport?? (less than a block away and I was very careful)..Also I can plug a station module in with fiber and those stations do the same thing. Thanks for any ideas. So far I have confirmed NOT the cable, phones, jacks, or connectors on the KSU..i do have a spare KSU that i can put in but I would like to make sure there isnt a software issue or something that can be rectified. Thanks again!!

Rapid flashing is not good. Reseat your amphenol cables and see if that helps.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Yeah I tried that. I tried different cables and everything. I even put a different cabinet in but used the existing software cartridge and had the same results after it booted up. Is it possible the software is corrupt? So far that card is the only thing common. Thanks

it sounds like analog signal on those ports, are you sure your station cabling isnt mixed up, and you aren't getting dialtone from the CO on the phones? or is your expansion module an analog station module cousing the phones to flash like that?

this system does have an expansion module for a 12x0. If this system was turned on before plugging in the fiber for the 12x0 would that cause this sort of problem? I have 10 extensions and 8 incoming lines that are working great. I even have the CP150 up and running but those other station ports still arent going. I hope I didnt screw the software up!! I called my vendor and talked to their tech support and they are stumped because the trouble moved when I swapped cabinets but kept the same software.

229, 235 thru 242 and 244 thru 252 and as near as I can tell all the ports on the station module I plugged in. The voice mail is on port 243 and it is working good so far. Thanks

Those sound like ext #s. What are the port numbers? Ports on the main MICS cabinet are 101-132. 16-port stn mod would be ports 301-316 if plugged into the fiber port on bottom of expansion card. 2nd from the bottom would start at port 401 and so on.

make sure the trunk mod is plugged into the to the top port on the exp card

I wonder if you don" have house cable trouble.Have you tried moving 229 and 235 to the phone closet and put jacks on the jumpers after taking them off the house cable pair.I have had existing cable pairs daisy chain and 2-3 jacks on the same cable pair.Weird problems!

Just to update I shut down the system and booted back up without the 2 port extender card, when set 221 said cold restart i powered down again (without a cold restart) and re installed the card. Then I powered back up and so far all extensions but one are working...so.........I dont know what to think. It may all be for nothing now because this customer would rather have a DX-120 by vertical!! Oh well...Thanks everyone who replied!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back