Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Expert on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

amino

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
GB
Just wanted to shout that I just got my ACE.
Did the ACS IP Maintian, Implement & design.

Woo hoo

Congratulations amino.

[cheers]

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Awesome work Amino! I'm going for my ACE on Friday.

Does anyone have any idea on how many ACE are out there? I'm kind of interested to see how prestigious the credential is...

Well on my ACE certificate, it has the number 79427 so I'm guessing that there is 79426 other ACE's before me???

Any ACE's out ther know about what certification pack Avaya send you for getting ACE, if at all, as you get the t-shirt and bag for ACS?

Thanks

Amino

They've stopped doing those packs now I think! You have to print your own certificates out and stuff.

While you have the ability to re-print your certificates, they still send you an offical pack. I got the leather satchel for my first ACS back in August...

What kind of test prep books, websites or whatever did you use?

Been lucky enough to design and install lots of systems. So have done lots of hands on but found the classroom training to be a real big help as they go through stuff thats not in any other documentation.

Great,

i didn't know that you can get the ACE for only one product which is IP. I thought that you must have ACS for 3 different products and can achieve ACE....

I got an email from AVAYA that the they stopped shpping the kits effective December 01, 2006. If you happen to complete the credentials before this date you will receive the kit.

regards

Thanks for the info. There's no mention of this on Avayas website or newsletter.
It kinda takes away some of the prestiege.
Can only pressume its for cost cutting! Tight gits.

Is it more prestigious to have an ACE of a Cisco equivalent. Which opens more doors?

I just got my ACE today!

ACS - Implement - IP Telephony
ACS - Maintain - Enterprise IP Telephony
ACS - Maintain - Messaging

With regards to the last question, in my mind they are different certs and it depends on which Cisco cert you compare it to.

Maybe I'm misguided, but I'd compare the certs in the following levels:

ACA - CCNA
ACS - CCNP
ACE - CCIE

Hey congrats sjforcum,

Its a good feeling isnt it. Bit of a downer that Avaya stopped issuing certification kits as of 1st dec 06!

Kind of stupid of them, as it not only makes them look like tight a*ses, but they are missing all the free advertising that wearing the shirt gives them etc!!!

Yeah...I'm still holding out hope that I'll get a kit, but yeah it's really a downer. I was looking forward to having an ACE bag of some sort...and the Certificates don't look the same when you print them yourself...nothing like having prestige to the certification.

Congrats sjforcum on your hard work and getting your ACE certification.

Have the first [cheers] on me.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Maybe I'm misguided, but I'd compare the certs in the following levels:

ACA - CCNA
ACS - CCNP
ACE - CCIE

Man are you nuts, you wich it whout be like this.

ACA=Really Easy (our cable guys has ACA)
ACS=Easy
ACE= 3 times ACS so Easy only need more time.

CCNA= Easy but need +/- 85% to pass
CCNP= Difficult
CCIE=Means a lot of money!!!

Greets Peter

Big 70 I take some of your points but personally think its possible to pass cisco certs when not actually working with the stuff by building a home lab at home. I personally dont think thats possible with the avaya certs certainly the ACS. The ACA is far easier than the CCNA.

I did ACS only with the docs of avaya passing is 64% thats way to low. (did IPT and IPO and Messaging)

Like i said cisco is at 85%

But i get paid the same level as CCIE so i don,t complain, just hope my boss is not reading this Thread;)

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back