Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW Call Park & Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

classydreams

Vendor
Jun 27, 2014
US
The new Call Park and Page was added to IPO 9.0. This is suppose to work like the Nortel systems. Under System I set up Call Park and Page Range 1XX, added a Park Button to my set under Button programing and then added Call Park and Page as the ACTION.

I called the user and pressed the Park and then the entire 2420 screen goes blank. I had to Exit and then when I dialed 100 I was able to UnPark and retrieve the call. I did not even have the option to Page.

Was I suppose to create a short code or do something else? The Help menu only shows this procedure.

Thanks

Did you check the supported handset list for the feature? :)

This is all the HELP page says it does not mention anything about support handsets: Do you know if the 2420 digital sets are supported?

Park and Page
The Park and Page tab allows for simple configuration of the of the short code and the programmable button for the park and page function. (Release 9.0)
Usability
· Mergeable: tick These settings are mergeable. Changes to these settings do not require a reboot of the system.
Configuration Settings
· Central Park Range: Default = Blank. Range = nX to nnnnnnnXX
The park slot ID range definition, where n is a digit sequence from 1 to 9999999 and X represents a park slot value from 0 to 99. The Central Park Range cannot exceed 9 characters total length.
Examples:
· 1X defines range 10-19

· 3XX defines range 300-399

· 9876543XX defines range 987654300-987654399

· Page Target Group List: Default = Blank.
The list of paging group targets that are presented on supported phones if the Page action is requested after the Call Park.

On some phones, only the first three groups can be presented as Page options (via the Softkeys on the phone). On phones that support scrolling lists, a larger list of possible Page targets can be presented.

It'll be listed against the button for park and page in button programming help :)

I had a spare 9508 and plugged that in and it worked just fine. I just can't imagine for the life of me why Avaya would leave this feature off for the 2420 and the older digital sets. It doesn't make any sense considering the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of these handsets that are still out there. I would not have upgraded to 9.0 if this was not going to work on digital sets like the 2420s the only reason it was upgraded was to get the new revised park feature that was absorber on the Nortel's.

does anyone know if this was the decision when they programmed this feature this way? Maybe this was just an oversight or some sort of programming error

if 24XX handsets are not supported it is because the 24XX firmware will cannot support the functionality.

24XX handsets are obsolete & have been for some time
Avaya are not going to update the firmware on a handset that is end of life to support a new feature.

programming a shortcode for Call Park and Page should still work

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Well to bad I find the 2400 series to be a very nice looking and functional handset and very durable. There are tons very inexpensive on the preowned market on eBay with warranties and even brand news ones still available.

Then you should get the 5400 series, they are specifically for IP Office and are slightly cheaper, they also have a dedicated VM button which the 2400s don't IIRC, they are identical in every way other than that, including not supporting park and page :)

with the Park and Page, you don't use the Park button, you simple use the Call Park and Page - press this and the system will provide the 1xx number you can call from any phone to retrieve the call.

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back