Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Analog Card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

konchamp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2005
US
I'm trying to add a new Analog Card NT8D09AK...

I plugged it into an open IPE slot.

what next??

i'm a newbie....

build a phone on it.. don't do a mov or cpy to the 1st set, after that. so a stat and you'll see the card.. you can use the old command

new
cardlst

but why bother..

ld 10
new

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Why don't you recommend mov or cpy on the first set?

I have used MOV and CPY command with no problems on new cards.

on some rls's if you did a cpy, no other set could be added to the card, it demanded a response to the wrls prompt and wouldn't take yes or no.. that may have went away. if you've done it without a problem then it's been taken care of. i have always defaulted a set on port 15 and outed it after the card was in service.. by default i just enter des and cust and dn on a set and return all the way through. a 10 sec step that may not be needed any more. there are several techs on here that swear that cpy and mov are not safe and not allowed on their sites.. i live by them

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've got 2 phones lines active on it but no dial tone. And the lights are steady red. Stat on that loop shows the first 2 lines idle (L500) and the rest are UNEQ

the card plugged into the slot you programed? red light will show disabled or uneq. try idc x in ld 32.. the switch should be able to see the card type.. sounds like you might be over one slot to many.. (i've done that)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

here what i get

>ld 32
NPR000
.ENLC 24 0 12

NPR326
.IDC 24 0 12

NPR327
.STAT 24 0 12
00 = UNIT 00 = DSBL (L500)
01 = UNIT 01 = DSBL (L500)
02 = UNIT 02 = UNEQ
03 = UNIT 03 = UNEQ
04 = UNIT 04 = UNEQ
05 = UNIT 05 = UNEQ
06 = UNIT 06 = UNEQ
07 = UNIT 07 = UNEQ
08 = UNIT 08 = UNEQ
09 = UNIT 09 = UNEQ
10 = UNIT 10 = UNEQ
11 = UNIT 11 = UNEQ
12 = UNIT 12 = UNEQ
13 = UNIT 13 = UNEQ
14 = UNIT 14 = UNEQ
15 = UNIT 15 = UNEQ
.ENLL 24 0 12 0

enlc 24 0 12

the enll is for a loop ie enll 24 0, doesn;t work if the loops up. idc will not work if the card is dis, with a red light, unplug the card and plug it back in. look at your screen to verify that the switch see's the card plugged in

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What do the lights do when you plug the card in initially? If I remember correct, the card should do a self test, which should be three flashes, then turn the light off. If the light stays on, you could have a bad card.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

red light may also stay lit if no set has been programmed to it. May be building 2 sets but may be as John said a card slot off after loop shelf entry

Very true, I was assuming the sets were programmed, and that it was in the correct slot.

ok the red light is off now. stat shows the 2 lines are idle. but i get no dial tone.

.STAT 24 0 12
00 = UNIT 00 = IDLE (L500)
01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (L500)
02 = UNIT 02 = UNEQ
03 = UNIT 03 = UNEQ
04 = UNIT 04 = UNEQ
05 = UNIT 05 = UNEQ
06 = UNIT 06 = UNEQ
07 = UNIT 07 = UNEQ
08 = UNIT 08 = UNEQ
09 = UNIT 09 = UNEQ
10 = UNIT 10 = UNEQ
11 = UNIT 11 = UNEQ
12 = UNIT 12 = UNEQ
13 = UNIT 13 = UNEQ
14 = UNIT 14 = UNEQ
15 = UNIT 15 = UNEQ
.ENLC 24 0 12

NPR326
.IDC 24 0 12

NPR327

trace the cable, make sure it's plugged in tight and plugged in the right place, a tone on the frame should help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm using a phone tester and aligator clipping at the Bics Block. No dial tone on both lines. Any other commands I can try?

If the card does not respond to the IDC query, and it is in the right slot, would that not point to the card? If I am thinking this through correctly, the IDC query comes from the processor to the card via the backplane. You should get a proper response if the card was in and good, regardless of tail cable status. If the ribbon cables are not seated or the tail has been pulled of the frame, that could be the reason for no dial tone, but it would not have anything to do with the NPR327. Correct?

I remember my large system I&M class where we had to troubleshoot an issue just like this. Card was in, but no dial tone. The instructor had put paper between the tail cable and the frame. The reason I bring this up is the card DID respond to an IDC, so the problem was at a physical layer someplace else.

This is a good one. Hopefully someone can figure this out.

Scott M.

I'm getting some type of signal because I can hear the touch tones when you press a number, just not getting a dial tone.

If it was bad would it still let me build a phone on it?

Yes. The system does not verify if hardware is even present. NPR326 means the card is not responding and times out.

that means your at least getting battery, you still don't know what analog tn your physically on, just that the cable is plugged into a card

do a disc x x x on a working card and the new card, swap the two cards and test

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back