Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

eperez923

Programmer
Jul 13, 2007
US
I have an Option 11c on one end and on the other end I have a Telrad 400 PBX. Anyways, these two are connecting through a frame line. Is there a way I can see the configurations on Notel switch on how they are connecting to each other. The configuration was done about 5 years ago, and I had assistance when doing this but lost communications with this person.
Does anyone have something set up like this?

chances are ld 60 stat will show you the trunks.. ld 87 prt cdp, dsc or lsc or tsc's may help

you log into each switch? and what is the dial pattern for internal? do you just dial the ext between switches or do you dial a code then the ext.. most of us have several switches tied together or have had in the past..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The dial pattern is as follows:

On Nortel switch dial "4" connects you to router (Cisco) then dial 87 connects you to other switch (telrad).
On Telrad switch dial "4" connects you to router (Cisco) then dial 33 connects you to Telrad switch.

The "33" and "87" are configured on the Cisco side of things.
On the Telrad we have a T1 card, and on the Nortel we have an E1 card considering it is located in Germany.
To dial outward (not internally) they have to go through DISA once they are in the switch.

I guess what I would like to do is document the complete configs for the Nortel and Telrad and Cisco routers. I have the configs for the Telrad (pretty straight forward) The cisco routers I am still working on getting all the configs. The Nortel is where I am having issues. I just need to make sure I do not forget a ld and would like to see all the loads.
I will prt ld 60m and ld 87. Is there anything else you can think of, or if I show yo my configs would you be able to tell me if there is anything else that might be missing?

sounds like a wc fields joke..

last network i set up from scratch.. 81c at the center, it rec all the did's on 12 pri's.. to reach a ext on the rolm, dial that 4 digit number, to reach a number on any one of the cisco's, dial the 4 digit number, to reach any number on any of the norstars dial there 4 digit did..

sounds like the crew that set that up does not know networking.. give each device a group of unique numbers.. then use dsc, tsc or lsc's.. i have not needed a second ac in twenty years.. might want to rethink your dial plan.. i rebuilt one not to long ago, only telcom could dial from switch a to b then to c... everyone else was dialing a 9 and the 7 digit did..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As for the set up we are happy with it. Everything works perfect, the only concern I have is the configration for everything. What loads would show me all the configs made for this set up?

First find out what 4 is.

LD 20
REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
CUST 0
DN 4 The prt will tell you what 4 is, POST the prt here and then we can continue.

Here is what I have.

REQ: prt
TYPE: dnb
CUST 0
DN 4
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 4
TYPE CDP
STCD TSC

I haven't used CDP in 10 years, so JohnPoole or someone else will need to help you on this one. At least now we know how it's working.

print out the tsc in 87 and see what rli is associated with it and prit out that rli in 86 along with the dmi

I went to ld 87 and tried to prt out tsc but had no luck.
Here is what I got.

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 841827 USED U P: 473800 60628 TOT: 1376255
DISK RECS AVAIL: 429
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT tsc

ESN009
FEAT

in ld 86 to print the rli, feat = rlb and to prt dmi, feat = dgt

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE tsc
TSC
TSC 4
FLEN 3
ITOH NO
RRPA NO
RLI 3

Here is the rli

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 3

RLI 3
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 101
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 3
FCI 0
FSNI 0
BNE NO
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 2

Here is the DMI

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT dgt
DMI 3

DMI 3
DEL 1
CTYP NCHG

now provide an example of a number you would dial...

base on what you have provided so far when you dial 4xxxx anything, the 4 is strip from the dmi and the rest of the call is sent out route 101

example:

if I dial "4 87 334"
this would dial my extension in my office.

or if i dial "4 33 207" then I dialed into the nortel switch extension 207

yep, working as designed.

dial 4 87 334

4 trigger ld 87 cdp which is a trunk steering code (TSC)utilizing RLI 3, which is route 101. RLI 3 has a dmi table of 3 that strip 1 digit (in this case the 4) and send the rest (87 334)out route 101.

87, you mentioned is in the cisco - would imagine the cisco is doing the same thing within it...see 87 334, strip 87 and send 334 out to where it needs to go.

sames goes the opposite direction

I guess my question now is:
Te configuration I did a prt on, is that the only config for this set up or am I missing something else?

that is it.

LD 20 to find the DN or type of DN. In this case it was a CDP number or more exact a TSC.

LD 87 to find the detail of TSC 4
LD 86 to find the facility that TSC 4 is using (RLI and DMI)

I guess the way we have this working is through a E1 or T1 card on the switch. How do I see the configurations to the E1 or T1 card. other than that, this should be everything in the configuration for this network?

since you have the route information from the RLI, go to
LD21 and do a LTM at the request prompt, enter the route number at the route prompt... this should list out all your trunk members for that route. you can see them in LD60, just type stat to see all of t1/e1 on the pbx or stat x (x= your loop #)to see just that 1

you can also print out the RDB in LD21 for your route to get more informtion on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back