Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape unable to create Network Socket Connection 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2729

Technical User
Apr 4, 2001
US
Hi all, have a small business network situation(2 computers) running Win98. Both computers see each other and print to a shared printer. Previously both computers could access the internet using a LAN connection through local cable company. Now one computer is unable to get to the internet. Getting message "Netscape was unable to create network socket connection. There may be insufficient system resources or the network may be down." Neither situation is true. I have removed and reinstalled the TCP/IP connections. There was an install of McAfee VirusScan and Firewall that created all kinds of problems but I have gone and manually removed all those files and we have been able to access the internet since then. There does not appear to be anything else that was done to the computer but when trying to access the Internet with either Netscape or Internet Explorer there is no connection. It's like Netscape can't see the connect. Any thoughts, please?

I always keep a current link to that utility here: faq779-4625

Sorry you had an issue with the expired link.

Best,
Bill

Wow. This is amazing. Thanks to GL700. I can't believe this. Like others stated, I tried everything. The next thing was to format and start over. I decided to try one more time and this solution worked in Windows ME. Many, many thanks to GL700.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back