Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to toggle between coverage paths 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugsiensedgwick

Technical User
Jan 21, 2009
CA
G3siV11
R011i.02.0.110.4
I have an administrator who wants his phone to go to Voice mail afetr 3 rings, normally.
However, he wants the ability to send his calls to his blackberry by pushing a button.
Seems simple enough, but I can't seem to get it done.
Any suggestiions?

If you have it, the EC500 feature sounds like exactly what you want to use here.

The other option would be to use a 2nd coverage path, and program the FAC to change between coverage paths on an autodial for him.

Don't have EC500.
I programmed a button to 'send calls' to another extension and when we depress the 'send calls' button it still foes to voice mail.
I tried a vdn and that goes to dead air then cuts off the call.

You want to make a speed dial for the feature access code to call forward. Mine is *2. So in my switch I would make a Speed dial for *2(4 digit ext) 9 (then cell number)

Actually their is an easy way to do this.

1. Change coverage remote 1
Here add the bosses cell number including 9xxxxxxx (remember or write down what spot you make the entry in)

2. Add coverage path next
Make all entries "n" except DND/SAC/Goto Cover? Y for inside and outside calls. Write down cover path number.
First point of cover will be r? (whatever the entry number was in step one) also make it 1 ring.

3. Change bosses extension by adding SAC button. Also look up cover path number. If it is one that gets used by anyone else (disp cov send xxx) then you need to create anther just like it. On "next path number" put in the new path you built in step two. Make all entries like you already had except DND/SAC/Goto Cover? N add new path number if you need to.

The way this works is, the coverage will work like it always does. Coverage to the VM hunt group will work like it always has. But when the SAC button is hit, the first path See's that it doesn't have an option set for it. So it looks to the next path number to see if it does. In our case it does and sends that call out through a remote coverage path to the cell phone. One button to the cell one (lite) button to remind him to take it off when he returns to the office.

Let me know if you need help. Its not as bad as it sounds to do.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

MM for VM? Is the use of "Find Me" undesirable for some reason? You can enable and disable by logging into Voicemail and following 2 prompts. Plus it lets you screen the calls that are forwarded to the Blackberry.

There is also another way of doing this

-add a button onto your bosses phone with call-fwd

-add another button directly underneath it with abrv-dial list 3 dc 01

-change abbreviated-dialling personal <station number>

-insert your bosses mobile number, remeber to put a 9 for outside line if applicable.

-Rename the feature button on the staion manually to "mobile or blackberry"

-assign a cos and cor that enable the user to transfer calls off net

-then to activate you press the call forward button immediately followed by the blackberry button.

-to take off the forward simply press the call fwd button again.

so many ways to skin a cat as they say, its just finding what suits you best.

Brand new in here & to the phone systems...and thrown ever so quickly into the pot that is the soup of avaya over here.
I hope this is how I can get a response, as I have the same issue as stated above.

I have several employees that need their phone to act as norm (ring 3 - go to VM) unless they press a SAC button. Then have it ring their cell phone, and if unanswered come back to voicemail.

I followed Mikeydidit's steps but unless I have one or both SAC check as Y (in the second path), the SAC button will not initiate and light up, it only flickers twice and goes out. So I tried "outside" call with Y, and it worked to call the cell, but only rings once and jumps back to voicemail. I changed the "rings" to be more, but no change.

If I need to start a new Thread, please advise. I've been reading forums for days now, and have tried so many multiple options that my head is spinning.

First off, welcome to the forum. I think you'll find you not only like it, but the people here as well. We have some good people in here. You should probably start a new thread, but being it is so close, i"ll try to help.

"it only flickers twice and goes out."
It has to have a path to where you are telling it to go. The flashing button lets you know it doesn't have one. You have to have SAC as "yes" on one of the two paths.

"unless I have one or both SAC check as Y (in the second path), "
You are right that in the second path everything should be "n" except sac/dnd. that one should be Y. for both inside and outside calls.

The inside/outside is just that on the calls. You can make calls have different coverage for calls coming in from outside or just inside calls. Use the "next path option" on that also should you ever need it.

The really nice thing about remote coverage is you do not have to worry about toll fraud. Call fowarding, and opening up trunk to trunk transfers can be extremely costly. With that said, your call leaves to a predetermined destination or extension. The call leaves the switch and doesn't come back. So i am not sure whats going on there.

I would reprogram it for SAC Y on the second path for both inside and outside calls. If you would like to, you can even watch the steps it takes. Make your changes and before you call the station you have your coverage remote setup on, type in this command. "list trace sta XXXX" (xxxx being your extension number. You will see it waiting for you to go off-hook. Dial your number and watch the steps your call goes through. It may even show you a problem.

Let me know if you more help with this.

Mikey's got it right this is a great forum.
Raysjrny, I hope you find it as helpful as I do.
Thanks Mike

Not a problem at all. If you guys need help getting this worked out let me know. Once you do the first one, it's all down hill from there. You'll be coverage paths wizs after that.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back