Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to show called number on Agent phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitaDrink

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
US
Did a search and could not find an answer, so does anyone know if it's possible to show the number the customer called when making menu choices in an ACD environment? I have an Option 61C, Succession 3, but only using basic ACD from the early 1990's..I use CallPilot for my menus - with Application Builder to set them up. I have several recall numbers - toll free --but they may end up in the same queue with the final menu choice. So is there a way to set caller ID to tell what number was called originally? My toll frees are provided by at&t..I have PRIs so ANI is passed...and all TFs are pointed to a 4 digit DNIS. Even if the DNIS showed, that would work. Thanks in advance.

OK, tried that and it didn't help. Still showed the caller ID of the caller, and not the TFN or DNIS. I do have all my TFNs going to different DNIS, with different menus. But, some of the menu choices end up in the same queue, and could be the same agents answering mulitple lines. That's why it'd be nice to see which line is calling.

You could run your DNIS digits through LD 49 and IDC them back to themselves. In LD 95 name the IDC digits with the appropriate telephone number or company name. You may also have to say YES to DNIS and DNAM in the route those calls come in on. I would try it 1st without changing the route.

War Eagle!!

CNDD DNDA will show the Caller ID of the caller, but the "name" of the last number called in a redirection situation.

So, you could rig this, if it was absolutely critical, by creating a menu for each TFN and putting phantoms between the menu and the agent. Then you'd get the Name of the Phantom on the agents set.

I've done this where there were three TFNs we needed to identify - but of course, it could get out of hand with many more TFNs.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Here's an example

Customer dials 18005551234 > Gets Menu > Menu choice 1 rings Phantom DN2345/CPND=West_Coast_Region/DCFW=3456 > Queue 3456 answers call and CLID+West Coast Region displays to agent.

Phantom 2345 has Name=West Coast Region

Agent set with CLS CNDD DNDA will show Caller ID + "West Coast Region" in display

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

OK, I tried the IDC back to the DNIS number after naming them, and that didn't work either. I'm not sure I want to mess with the route...and I don't know what load that is.

I may try the next suggestion, GHTROUT - do you mean I would put the phantom on the last menu choice (as there can be several menus that finally lead to this) : to speak with a real person, press 1.
1 then points to a phantom number built in the PBX - with DCFW pointed to the actual agent queue?

Here is how I have done it at a client's site:

1) The Toll free numbers come in on DNIS 4000 and 7110.
2) In Ld 49, I have DCNO 1 programmed with 4000 IDC to 4000 and 7110 IDC to 7110.
3) In LD 95, I have named DCNO 1, IDC 4000 "Local" and IDC 7110 "1800xxxxxxx".
4) In the route those toll free numbers come in on, I have prompts IDC-YES, DNIS-NO, DEXT-YES, and DNAM-YES.

This works.

War Eagle!!

OK...I'm getting the phantom number now, showing up after the caller's caller ID. one question - GHTROUT - the answer above says:

CNDD DNDA will show the Caller ID of the caller, but the "name" of the last number called in a redirection situation.

Did you mean CNDD DNDA will NOT show the caller ID, but only name (which is actually a number)?
does that mean they will not see the name of the line?

If that's the case they can live with that, they'll just have to know what each 4 digit ID is for. Thanks!!

Hey all, it finally started working. (But you're right, I would not want to do this for the 50 existing TFNs that I already have)

Drink for all.

The best and easiest way to do this would be as telebub discribed.[thumbsup] This is the way I setup the majority of my TFN's that rout to the same queue and the agents read the display and answer the calls accordingly

You could run your DNIS digits through LD 49 and IDC them back to themselves. In LD 95 name the IDC digits with the appropriate telephone number or company name.
[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back