Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need no-cost Conference Bridge on 61C 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmclemor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2006
US
I manage a 61C and would like to build a single conference bridge without having to purchase any additional equipment. Is there some way to program an ACD to accept incoming calls from several sources and have them just enter the call like a professional bridge. I do not need a large capacity for many participants. I have a fairly robust switch.
Thanks,

Not without buying equipment.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Will AO6 (digital) or C3A (analog) work for what you need? I'll explain them if you're not familiar with them.

We looked into a MICB for our 61C, but a $1,000 per port..............

I am familiar with conference 6 (AO6). I am interested in what you have to say please.
thanks,
bmclemor

AO6 won't work for incoming calls, but you can use it to setup for outgoing calls.

We looked into a bridge due to the limitations of AO6. As you know, AO6 is a built-in feature of the 61 that allows an internal person to bring up to 6 people into a conference call (although I've heard the audio get weak after about the 4th party). It's certainly not as convenient as a true bridge. We opted not to put in a bridge after we received the cost estimate.

i've never had low vol on a conf... group call may help IF the users are internal... might look at.. i put the same scn key on 16 internal stataions... we im the people in it to pick up the conf number (scn 2222) then if i need to i can conf up to 5 external parties...

not as clean as a bridge but it works... i've had as many as 12 users internal and 4 ext without a loss of vol... most internal put the call on spkr and keep it muted, that picks up the internal amp and vol control at a set level

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You can make it work on incoming calls, but you need two lines on the phone.
With the caller on line 2 on hold and an active call on line 1
Press the conference key
Press the line 2 key
Press the conference key again
You now have a conference call on line 1

bassethound, are you sure this works? I have never been able to do that, I don't have a system I can try it on right now.

JP give this a try.

I'll have to try it the next time I get a chance.

Have you considered using a conference call company?...They assign you a dedicated toll free number, You could even use the ACD route to that toll free number. You could pay a little extra for a custome greeting.."Welcom to bmclemor's conference system....yadda yadda yadda". May be less expensive than you think.

For that matter...have the particpicants just dial the toll free number and exclude the switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back