Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with a call routing project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwystedPair

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2008
US
I am working with an S8500 Media Server.

We have an internal Crisis Management team that asked me to set up an extension. They want calls to this extension to route to 5-6 different internal extensions and cell phones in the case of an emergency. They want calls to basically try the first extension or number in the list, and then go down the list until someone answers the call. How can I set something like this up on the switch?

hunt group... your "extension" to call will be the number associated with the hunt group... you have to use EC500 to be able to send calls to a cell phone however and get them back if no one answers without the cell phone VM picking up... If you don't have EC500 it won't be possible to use cell phones. Once the calls go off pbx to the cell phone, they wont come back.

I don't think we have EC500. Do you know if it's possible for our local provider to offer something like this??

if you have access to your switch

disp capacity

and it is towards the last few pages. look to see if you have any licence sometimes you get a few free ones.

Is there no way for an external company to provide a service similar to this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back