Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need delayed ringing to several people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrberr

Technical User
Aug 14, 2006
US
IP office 6.0, embedded VM. Simple setup;

I need to set layers of ringing. I can get one hunt group to catch the main line and on "no answer" send to the second hunt group. But when I try to get another hunt group to answer( the third tier) It doesn't want to ring.

The basic end result we are gong for is to have:
1st - receptionist ringing (in hunt group 1) 3 rings

-if no Answer=> goes to hunt group 2 - (two rings)
-of No answer in hunt group 2 then to hunt group 3 then after 2 rings to voicemail.

so far we get everything to work and ring except hunt group 3, including voicemail.

I know there is always several ways to work this, just not sure where the rules of the IP Office are going to limit the three tier ringing.
any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry

Not going to do it with groups and you would have a better chance with VM pro. If the initial call needs to only go to the receptionist I wouldn't burn a group for it. Send the calls directly to the receptionist. have it forwarded no answer to a group, then have that group overflow to another.

You need to change the "No Answer Time" for HG 1 and 2.

Stubbs - the reason we had it was there were two receptionist working the phones ( they get up a lot and leave their desks on tasks) And the HG1 voicemail is attached as the General VM.

NNaarrnn- I already have the no answer set to:
HG 1 = 12
HG 2 = 7
HG 3 = 7

and finally VM is at 28( for testing purposes on HG3, I'll shave that down if I can get HG3 to actually work..

Thanks for the feedback guys.. let me know if you think of any other way. I'm still hammering away at settings here..

Jerry

use Bridged call appearances of the first receptionist on the other. You can't use them as a group. No way around it without VM Pro. IPO is great with 2 groups, not 3

Add hunt group 2 and hunt group 3 to the overflow off hg1
Hunt group 1 looks at its overflow table and will ring hg2 first then it will go to hg3.

as snowman50 stated, if a call comes into HG 1 it will not follow HG 2's overflow even if a call is overflowed to HG 2. If you want multiple overflow actions to occur then add HG 2 and then HG 3 to the oveflow of HG 1. It will then first overflow to HG 2 and then HG 3.

That makes sense! I'll get the HG with the additional overflow entries.

Thanks , I'll get back with results later.

Jerry

Update:
With both in the group it goes to the HG3 right away actually now doesn't ring HG2 at all.
The main thing is I need to keep the HG1 as the incoming call destination.
Any "start from scratch ideas on how can I get coverage in three tiers.
* the probem with Bridged appearance is the internal calls, we don't want internals ringing all over the office we want them to stop at the intended destinations

such a simple objective, however the execution is killing "me"

Is there any way to just control the individual ext ringes on a single hunt group?
have all three in Hunt group 1 and have one immediate/ 1 delayed and a third with a longer delay?

Jerry

Maybe something like this:
HG1, sequential, 7 sec no answer, add first agent twice, then second and third agent.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

The settings for Hunt Group 1 controls all of the overflow settings for all the other groups.

Set the mode to Collective Call Waiting. Set the No Answer Time and the Overflow Time each to 5 seconds. Set the Voicemail answer time to 35 seconds.

Put your Receptionist in Hunt Group 1, and Hunt Group 2. Put your second-level answering people (perhaps including the Receptionist if you want it to continue ringing when the 2nd level starts) into Hunt Group 3. Put your 3rd level answering people (and the Receptionist and the 2nd level extensions) into Hunt Group 4.

In Hunt Group 1, make the Overflow Groups:
Hunt Group 2
Hunt Group 2
Hunt Group 3
Hunt Group 3
Hunt Group 4
Hunt Group 4

Call rings Group 1 (Receptionist) for 5 seconds (1 ring)
Overflows to Group 2 (Receptionist) for 5 seconds (2nd ring)
Overflows to Group 2 (Receptionist) again for another 5 seconds (3rd ring)
Overflows to Group 3 (Receptionist and 2nd level answering extensions) for 5 seconds (4th ring)
Overflows to Group 3 (Receptionist and 2nd level answering extensions) again for another 5 seconds (5th ring)
Overflows to Group 4 (Receptionist, 2nd and 3rd level answering extensions) for 5 seconds (6th ring)
Overflows to Group 4 (Receptionist, 2nd and 3rd level answering extensions) again for another 5 seconds (7th ring)
Voicemail answers at 35 seconds (when 8th ring would normally begin)

Your awesome Tommy, I had the extensions doing that in sequence, but just didn't put "1 an 1" together and have the hunt groups in place to control to run different ring times and continue ringing receptionist. I'm going to try that Monday, I will update. That makes sense in the direction I was going in. Thanks again Tommy

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back