Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a vector.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONsiteengineer

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
PH
Hi,

Right now I have attendant which is softconsole. All calls will go to that attendant if they will dial the said main trunk. Now, I want to build an auto attendant that when they dial the main line, an announcement will say' Welcome to ABC, If you know the local number or extension of the person you want to speak with, Please dial it now or wait for an attendant'. Then, a caller dial the said 4 digit extension if they know the extension the route the call. In any instance that they dont knew it, caller will go to the softconsole attendant. Next step is that, if the attendant is busy and cant answer the call, it will go to one extension.

Can you provide the vector steps?

Thanks a lot.

try:
1.collect 1 digit after announcement xxxx
2.go to step 4 if digits = 1
3. go to step 6 if digits = 2
4.route to number (insert manin console number)
5. stop
6. collect 4 digits afer announcement xxxx
7.route to digits with coverage y

hope that helps!

Merrie: Wouldn't that require that they push 1 to go to the console and 2 to enter the extension? I think more what ONsite is looking for is as simple as:

1. collect 4 digits after announcement xxxx
2. route-to digits with coverage y
3. route-to number (console number)
4. stop

That way if no digits are dialed or too few it will route to the console anyways.

Thanks! thejkro is right. Another thing, What if I want such that if the attendant was not around and after 5 rings it will forward the call to one extension. What step will be added. Thanks a lot.

Once you do a route-to on a vector, the vector loses all control of the call and vector processing effectively ends.

You would be better having the attendant log into their phone with a login id and then have a vector control that queue. The vector could then look and see ifthe attendant is available or not using the "goto step xx if available-agents".... you would then have control of the call and be able to direct it to other destinations.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Thanks inerguard. How to add login ID for attendant? Can you help me out? Also, I tried your vector steps
1. collect 4 digits after announcement xxxx
2. route-to digits with coverage y
3. route-to number (console number)
4. stop

but when a caller didnt press any number, it will just ring and ring. How to resolve that. Thanks a lot!!

Create a login id the same way you would for any other agent. Create the login / out auto-in -aux-wrks buttons etc on the console, the same way you would on any other phone.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back