Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Neax 2000 IPS Pri Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteStarMI

Vendor
Aug 21, 2003
US
Hi all I came accross this system after a customer changed providers and found out only after porting there numbers that there vendor went out of business.

So I unluckely get the call Yeah me :(
And now the issue were having. They have a pri that was working until they switched to the new company now the system can make outbound calls but incomming gets rejected. I've gone through the basics checked inbound DID's NI'2 and wink start on the lines.

And well beyond that I'm a little lost I called my NEC tech support people and after hearing what I was working on they said good luck that system is greek to me HAHA!

Another interesting thing of note is if you call out from an ext onsite and only dial 1 + Number it routes just fine if you dial just 7 digits its rejected or if you dial 1 + area code plus Number it is also rejected. And I'm confused as heck. Any help would great and Thanks in advance.

Are your extension numbers 3 or 4 digits? Is the new carrier sending 3 or 4 digits? Check CMD 3512>rt> 3 = default setting is for 4 digits, 2 = 3 digits.
Is the carrier looking for 7, 10 or 11 digits for outbound calling?

That was the first thing that I did fix they were sending us 10 had them change it to 4. Out bound work just fine its only inbound that is getting stopped.

Have you checked whether there is any digit translation taking place in Cmd 76? or check 3518 to see if it's allowed (no point in checking 76 if its not allowed)! For your outbound problems, check in the FAQs and follow the LCR walkthrough. It will give you some idea of what is happening!

Ok update :D after checking rechecking and then checking in case I missed something. I found out from NEC that the stupid card needed an update.

Would seem that the last company that was providing the pri stripped all the extra info from the begining of the call such as name or whatever other info is sent on the d channel to seup the call.

all fixed and thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back