Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Neax 2000 IPS - Phone not ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2003
US
I have a couple of phones on this system that I can not get to ring. If I change the extension they ring fine. I tried to use the up/down key while a call is coming in and all it does it change the lcd brightness.

Is there something stored somewhere that I can turn off through a terminal command?

btw the light on the phone blinks fine and all calls can be answered. It's just the ring volume for these extensions seems to be system set to off.

At the affected phones do #1,#2>,#3 through #9, #* & ## to clear any activated feature. Is CFW activated, what is in the display of the calling phone while calling the affected phones?

Ozzie,

The title has the system type, it's a Neax 2000 IPS. It happens on any phone whether it be a DTH-8D-1 or inaset 240G. It has to be something stored on the system because if you change the extension the phone works fine.

LD,
I'll give that a try. No CFW is not activated but I will double check.

Did you check command 9001? This turns on and off ringing per key on the ext.

I second 3racefan3's post. It sounds like this should fix your problem.

Ok, I tried to do LD's suggestion with the # everything and I checked 3drace's suggestion under 9001 it's set to 1, which is ring.

E603 is set to roll to another line which is typical for all my rolls but they still ring.

It's still not ringing, any other suggestions?

What if you call the roll over extension directly does it ring?
Or if you place an appearance of another working station on a spare key on this set and call it does it ring?

There is also the remote possibility that 9003 is set to 0 giving delayed ringing. If the timer is set too long it could forward before it is supposed to ring!

Ozzie,
Ok, I checked 9003 it is also set to 1, no delay.

Pave,
No it does not ring if I dial directly to the rolled line.

I'm at a loss, I suppose I'll just have to blacklist that extension and set up a new one...sad but it works. The phone rings if I change its extension. Sure would be nice to know the super secret, hidden setting that's doing this. :)

Did you reset the system? Not reset but actually power it down, reseat the MP and power back up again? If there is an issue with memory assigned in VEN block for that station the power down should release it. A reset typically does not.

pave,

That sounds extremely scary. The system has not been shutdown for over three years. If it didn't come back up properly and the backup failed for any reason I would be out of business. I think I'll opt for changing the extension.

There is tons and tons of special set up for tenants. We provide service for several executive suite towers off this system.

has anyone thought that this might be a Do Not Disturb issue?

Wouldn't all the # everything turn that off or anything else from the user point of view?

If the access codes are default then #8 would cancel DND.

It's set to A023.

I'm reading the docs but its confusing to me. What does B stand for?

So then # everything should have turned it off then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back