Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Neax 2000 IPS - Phone not ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2003
US
I have a couple of phones on this system that I can not get to ring. If I change the extension they ring fine. I tried to use the up/down key while a call is coming in and all it does it change the lcd brightness.

Is there something stored somewhere that I can turn off through a terminal command?

#8 should have worked....if it was in DND mode.

A power down on and a NEAX 2000 IPS is safe. I would of course back it up first but I've never seen an IPS not come back.
Remember this is an NEC. If you were talking about a Nortel or an Intertel hell no don't do it.

Just make sure you do an EC6, in case you forgot, before you power it down. :)

When I was at NEC in Dallas, the instructor released us for lunch, then went around to our 2000s and powered them all down. Those who forgot to EC6 had to start over.

I was the only one who didn't forget. hehe....

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

I know Ive been away for awhile but come on guys what about numbering plan...

" If I change the extension they ring fine. "

"There is tons and tons of special set up for tenants. We provide service for several executive suite towers off this system."

What is sta# 1204>Sta#>
Check 29>tenant

Mextera

Did you check;

"1204","EXT","TENANT","
"1213","EXT","TENANT","

And if you use IPPhones try to do

"1290","EXT","CCC" (clear Mac adress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor