Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCP1000 remote IP handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

iand1957

Programmer
Apr 20, 2012
GB
Hi
We have a customer with an NCP 1000 who wants remote IP handsets for there Doctors
Having setup the handsets they work perfectly well on site but when used remotely there is no audio
They are set to pick up an ip address locally & have the external ip address of the main site set as the PBX address
They are using a Draytek behind a cisco router to route sip on the ports 16000-16511 & 5060 are forwarded to the system
& for remote handsets ports 9300 & 2727 forwared to system ip
& ports 12000-12255 & 8000-8063 to dsp card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ian

Sounds like you are trying to do Media Relay on an NCP, not sure that will work. If you have a site to site VPN should work though.
Your voice range 16000-16511 should be going to DSP.

If I were you i'd try and upgrade the customer to an NS1000 and use the Legacy gateway cards to connect their NCP1000 to the NS1000
I have had a lot of success doing this with old pana kits needing new features.

Calum M
ACSS

I think it would be as cost affective to just change the system to a ns700

Setup a VPN server at the main site and bridge the remote phone's Networks/LANs.
This way, they will be on the same LAN over VPN. You don't need to change or add any hardware or buy public IPs of the several doctor's locations.

Wanet Telecoms Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back