Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name and Number CallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavrunin

Technical User
Oct 25, 2004
US
I have a BCM 400 at several sites. At one site, the CallerID is showing name and number and at other sites just number. When I use BCM monitor under line it gives number and then a ? for the name. This gives me the impression that the telco is not sending the name. Is that the case or is there some parameter I need to change. I cannot determine a difference between the one system that is working and the 3 that are not.
Thanks,

I am getting the callerID number just not the name. Is it possible they would just send number and not name ??

Question: does each site have it's own PRI or does one site have PRI and CLID is being passed from the main site over the VoIP netowrk? If the latter, is it only the networked sites that are not receiving calling name?

This is a fairly simplistic configuration. The trunks are coming in over GATM modules. There are no PRI lines. All the offices are hooked up the same way. At one site the calls coming in over the GATM show the name and at the other sites just the number displays. Calls going over the VOIP trunks show the name and number.

Then I agree with Deweyhumbolt - seems that the provider is not sending the calling name.

If you don't see it on the BCM Monitor, your not being sent it by the Telco. Can't be much simpler than that.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I just ran into this with my provider. Same symptoms.

Switch engineer essentially "clicked on a check box" and all of a sudden my provider was sending name + number instead of just number.

Get on your provider to fix it.

Chris
IT Manager
Houston, Texas

Thanks for all the help. You confirmed what I thought was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back