Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Toll Fraud- MICS 5.0/NAM 4.0/PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2005
US
Hey All,

I know this topic has been covered a million times, but it has been a while and I am having trouble recalling fix. We have a customer with a MICS 5.0, PRI and a 4.0 NAM. We are being advised(via SMDR) that long distance calls are being originated thru the NAM ports. The ports have been denied access to the PRI and NAM set to not allow transfer of calls thru the system.

Any idea on how calls are being initiated? thanks in advance..

There must be a mailbox SOMEWHERE that has outdial enabled.

... I guess u already checked if there's a path in a ccr tree that xfers to an outbound long distance # ???

Do they have analog lines - they are the usual suspects
Which trunk are they using to get out?

There was a 'Toll Fraud" patch for those as well as a list of what to 'lock down' (ie. COS in m/boxes,....)from Nortel. I don't know if Nortel still has those on the website as NAM's are mfg disco'd.

How about changing the class of service to disallow outbound transfer.

check your admin mb's for the outbound transfers..include 100,102,and i believe there is a 103 or a 101...been a while

Thanks everyone- All great info as always. Will advise once leak is determined..

You also need to upgrade to 6.1 or better to prevent known PRI issues.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back