Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my start button video keeps getting corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcajka

Technical User
Jun 21, 2002
US
hi,
my start button keeps getting corrupted (the video of). every once in a while i'll get a part of a window that will be corrupt but for the most part everything else is working fine. i have run my updated pc-cillin virus scanner and the free on-line trend-micro virus scanner to make sure that i do not have a virus.

i have also updated all of my drivers from the mfg sites to make sure they are working properly.

i'm running windows 98se, office97pro, some interplay games (star trek), logitek quickcam, hp9100 cd/rw, windows media player 9, quick time 6, epson cu40x printer, kazza 2.1.

my hardware is as follows
amd 1300 athlon at 200mhz fsb, 256 mb 266mhz ram, nvidia gforce2 mx400 video, creative ct4750 sound, linksys lne100tx nic, msi k7t266 pro mother board.

can anyone give me a clue

My first suspect would be video card hardware.

Can you reseat it? Has the system been moved/altered recently?
Any other hardware added etc?

Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Video resolution settings and screen fix it up for you? Kimber

Myself, and a friend of mine, both had that same issue. We never got to the root of the problem, but it never affected the systems other than the ugliness once in a while.

dakota81- this is usually refresh or resolution issues if the card is ok...
Changing the settings a little usually fixes it up fine... Kimber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back