Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My MARP is gone! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me how to turn on MARP in ld 17 WITHOUT screwing with the other settings? I’m very leery of changing stuff the NTP says at the beginning ld 17 “The following values should be set at the factory. However, it is recommended that these values be reviewed during initial installation.” I bet one can do all sorts of bad things by just using the defaults. I’ve printed out the PARM settings but my printout does not include some of the settings the NTP refer to.

“Just because your paranoid doesn’t mean their not out to get you”

THE BIG QUESTION IS WHO GOT INTO THE CDB AND CHANGED IT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

this is the only down side..been there, done that. check at least the big shots or phones that may affect your job discription... the switch will pick a marp for every dn, it may not be the one you want.. the biggest are dn's that are key 0 on several sets..set a may have fna and fdn to mail, set b may be hard forwarded to home.. one of then will catch the marp,,, so just check as many KEY sets as you can... i turned marp on in my 81c with around 5000 sets 3 years ago, maybe 100 troubles related to marp over the next few days.. not to bad.. and you almost can't live without it. if i took over maint on a big switch tomorrow, i'd turn it on again

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the reply guys. PerrryPJ voiced my concern. How did this setting get changed? We haven't had anyone here how could have changed that. Weird. And a little disconcerting.

i've seen strange changes, who has access to your cdb? might need to draw that line a little shorter.. we have 5 people in house that has a password but only the level 2 has ld 15 and 17 accesss

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

yeah, that's a good point John. We have two or three people here that have acces, and we 'allowed' our data outsourcing firm access. I was a little puzzled how the data folks could fix a telco issue but I'm just a drone in sector 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back