Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI on Two (2) separate Opt. 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2003
US
I have an Opt. 81C (just upgraded to Succ. 4.0) with a 201i Call Pilot on it and also installed a new Opt. 81 CS1000M in the new tower bldg. The PBX's (Opt. 81C) has two tie lines (PRI) between eath other. The phones in the new tower subscribed to the Call Pilot that is in the old tower (Succ. 4.0). I could call and leave messages between pbx's but I could not get the message light indicator to turn on in the new tower PBX (CS100M).
I have a D-channel on the PRI Tie Lines with
"RCAP = ND2 MWI" on both ends.
I appreciate all the help I could get. Thanks

Check your PNI numbers they have to be the same or maywell be your type of dialling CDP is probably your best bet

Cheers!!

Thank you SL1M1 for your reply. Yes, I do have PNI as 1 on both PBX's RDB and yes, I do have CDP enabled and I could call ext's. between each other with no issues (and could leave messages) but could not get the light in the remote PBX's to turn on. Is there a PKG that I need (maybe for Netwrk Messaging)? What do you think?

NMS is the package you need to have. I believe the callpilot also needs this.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

OK, the area's I would be checking here aswell which maywell be obvious:-

Are your MWI DN's set correctly within the CallPilot
Are the CLS profiles set to MWA
NMS Package 175 on the PABX

Cheers!!

are the two sites fully networked? can i dial just the ext and get the second tower.. if your dialing, say 81 plus the ext to hit the tie pri's, one mail is going to be a problem,, yes you can build a work around..

but i've installed one cp for a dozen switches without any problems with msg lamps

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate all the feedback.
SL1M1 - Yes, I do have the MWA MWK DN and MWC configured correctly.
JohnPoole - Yes, the two sites are networked together thru TIE lines and I have CDP dialing between sites. I could dial any 4-dgt ext's. between sites with no issues and also leave messages.
Tnphoneman - As I suspected, you are all correct regarding the NMS. I don't have that PKG in both PBX.
I'm hoping that that is the only thing I'm missing.
Again. Thank you all and I'll keep everyone posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back