Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostpbx

Technical User
Jul 22, 2008
US
Help please! We just put in a replacement Audix because our last one had a hard drive fail and now only part of the messgsge lights will work. The lights on the phones that are located on switch #1 (that is in the same building as the Audix) work fine. The lights for the DCS switches don't work.

It is an Intuity Audix LX S3210.
The switches that don't work are Prologix G3R v6, v8 and v9 all connected through T-1's. The local site is a Definity G3R v9.

I have had my vendor trying to fix it but they haven't figured it out.

When I do a disp sub in Audix it doesn't even try to turn on the MWI for the prologix but it does for the local Definity. It is like the Audix doesn't recognize the other switches.

So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

you would not have q-sig mwi on a version 9, have you tried to reboot the pbx's on the remote site as they may need to sync back up to audix

DCS may or may not use PRI trunks with signaling-groups. Rebooting pbx would not be necessary to sync anything to Audix. Programming for each DCS node is in each pbx. Check node-numbers Audix subscriber switch number assignments. Check communication links and processor channel assignments in each pbx and the main where the audix is located. If using signaling-groups and tsc in any switches, you can status the tsc sig/tsc_index to see if they are active.

No need to change programming or reboot the pbx's if you replaced an audix.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thank you all for getting back to me.

I wish qsig was available on the definity, it would be nice.

I did reboot the audix and the prologix switches many times and nothing changed.

I have double checked the node-numbers Audix subscriber switch numbers assignments and they are all correct.

But I have not checked the communication links and processor channel assignments yet. Would they prevent the Audix from not recognizing the PBX's?

Audix won't even send the MWI on/off when I status the subscriber history for the dcs prologix switches.

Ok, the TSCs for each of the effected switches is up. But the processor channel is down for all the switches accept the main switch next to the Audix. That must be the problem right?

How do I get the processor channels back up?

ADMINISTERED NON-CALL-ASSOCIATED TSC STATUS

TSC TSC
Index State Establish Enabled Congested

1/1 active permanent yes no

STATUS SIGNALING GROUP

Group ID: 1 Active NCA-TSC Count: 3
Group Type: isdn-pri Active CA-TSC Count: 0
Signaling Type: facility associated signaling
Group State: in-service

Primary D-Channel

Port: 01A0324 Level 3 State: in-service

Secondary D-Channel

Port: Level 3 State: no-link

I want to say thanks to all who replied!

After reading AvayaTier3's post I started looking into the Comm channels in the Definity and found I had not entered them into the Audix Switch Link Administration page so the Audix couldn't see the other switches. Once I entered the ip address of the C-lan card in the Definity and the port number of the other switches from the proc channels everything worked!.

You guys Rock!! Thanks!

But they were working before so not understanding this that to had to reprogram this back in, what gives here? All you did was replace the Audix so those entries should have already been in there

They were in the G3Rv9 but I forgot to program all of them in the new Audix. I only programed the G3R main site and once I put in the other 3 sites the lights worked. Thank you for your help!

ok makes sense now, thanks for the update and glad you got it resolved

It's always the little details that trip me up! Cheers![thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back