Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWI light not illuminating

Status
Not open for further replies.

sostek

MIS
Sep 17, 2004
US
I have two systems, the main one to which the Audix LX is attached is a Prologix G3iv11. The remote system is a System 75 Definity G3iv6.

I have one extension on the System 75 where the message waiting light will never light. I've swapped out the phone (7406D), and the port to no avail. I've made certain the names are defined the same on both the switch and the Audix system.

The curious part is, other users on that same switch have message lights that work no problem at all.

The only thing that's odd about this extension is that it once was the message waiting indicator for another extension on the same switch. We took that off when we re-assigned the extension to someone else.

This is driving me crazy.

On page 1 of the station form make sure that the extension listed on the 'Message Lamp Ext' is the same as the station.

On page 2 of the station form check that the LWC Destination is 'audix'.

You may want to enable Audible Message Waiting on the station as a test.

If you status the station does it show that the MWI is lit?

Kevin

Kevin,

On page 2 it's set to MSA-SPE which works on other stations (7406D's and 8410D's) without issue.

Audible was set but it wasn't even getting that.

Did you verify that you have the correct switch number set on this subscriber in Audix? I know you mentioned that the old mailbox and this one are on the same switch, but this was the only other thing I could think of. Good luck!

werdcrime: Thank you. I think that fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back