Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MWA on dummy 500 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
i have an M2616 with a primary DN (7660) and another ext. on key 8 (7698) and a rollover on key 9 (5698). This key 8 ext has its own mailbox . The Primary DN does NOT have a mailbox, nor should it. I built a dummy 500 port and made the DN 7698 and programmed this 500 port to hunt to 5698, which I then also built as a dummy 500 port and had this second one hunt to the voicemail DN so that the calls would go to the rollover if key 8 (7698) was busy. So far, so good. My question is (their software does not support XMWK), if I make the dummy 500 ports MWD in the CLS does Message Waiting DENIED mean this DN 7698 is DENIED from receiving messages or does it mean it's denied from receiving a MESSAGE INDICATOR? I'm hoping it's the second, in which case I guess if I make the M2616 set MWA then when key 8 (7698) has messages, I can get it to light the M2616 set. MARP is NOT turned on. can someone confirm this? thank you.

You can tell your mailbox to turn on the light of the 2616.
You shouldn't have to worry about the 500 sets. let me know and try it here if you need me to.

MWA/MWD refer to Message Waiting Indication only. It has no effect on being able to receive VM messges or not.

Assuming MerMail is what you have, ensure that x5698 is associated to x7698's vmbox. Then, send MWI to the DN you wish and ensure MWA is programmed in the CLS of that set.

DD

i don't have MerMail unfortunately. I have Octel. But if MWD is NOT going to affect the ext's ability to actually receive messages then I am going to go ahead and turn the MWA off on the two dummy ports and just put it on the M2616 on which 7698 & 5698 are appearances. I have a feeling it won't work because the Octel is funny that way but I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help DDionne and hawks!

It's been a while since a I work Octel but if you have digiatl integration, the digital ports should have MIK (Msg Indicator On) & MCK (Msg Indicator Cancel) keys to activate and deactivate MWI. And, if the Octel has analog ports, I think there is one digital port for the MIK & MCK ability. MWA/MWD would receive or reject the MIK/MCK commands.

Maybe someone out there could confirm or correct my post.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back