Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Muting ringer for incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgamble

Technical User
Nov 6, 2012
CA
Is there a way to mute/silence the ringer on an incoming call? If we are busy we do not answer the phone but it comtinues to ring, is there a button we can push to silence the ringer but not actually hang up on the person?

Also, how do I change the amount of rings? For external calls the phone only rings twice, we would like it to ring 4.

Thank you

These are really questions you should ask your service provider.

But to answer your first question, its all in the manual for the phone. And its not really a question that can be answered since you don´t mention what model the phone is.

For question two you adjust the no answer timer in Manager.

it is an M7310, it is NOT in the manual, but thank you for your time.

Wouldnt this be better off in the Nortel forum - looks like you have posted there before.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

[highlight #A40000]I reposted in nortel...ADMIN please remove this post[/highlight]

Replace with a 9508, use the IGNORE soft key, and set the no answer time to 20 sec.

Why are you ignoring incoming calls? do you not care about your customers.

Assuming you are too busy to answer calls & there is someone else available then either take you phone out of group (Hunt group enable/disable) or go on Do Not Disturb.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Really, give me a phone so that i can ignore it when i want too :)
If you do not want to answer it then:
1 remove the phone
2 send the call to voicemail
3 let somebody else answer it

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

either turn the ringer down while it is ringing in or activate the do not disturb feature

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back