Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on hold 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2002
US
Ladies and Gents,

We have a music on hold device (ADL3106)that has RCA jacks that output the music into the phone system. As I am sure most of you know, I have to punch a wire pair unto the 66 punch down block in order to interface with the ICS4.0. Is there any adapters for this or is this a matter of stripping the RCA cable and twisting the stranded wire with a cross over wire? Everywhere I have been, the person who is behind the counter eyes begin to go glossy when I explain this problem.

there is no adaptor, but you can buy a headphone jack with a plug on one end, and bare conductors on the other. You would then splice it to some x-connect wire and punch. Sometimes the cables that come dual ended are hard to strip and splice.

You can also buy the plug itself with no wiring attached. That way, you can use cross connect wire to solder/wrap to the plug.

Schlum

I found at radio shack a RCA to Spade lug cable. then used a screw terminal (biscuit) jack to make a connection between the spade term and x-conn wire. Works fine and doesn't end up with a splice-looking wire in your wiring. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for all of your help!

I guess the next challenge is to punch this down. If it correct that I need to punch this pair down on the yellow/orange orange/yellow pair??

This is a bit confusing due to the fact that I have 2 50 pair leading to the punch down block.

Am I on the right track?

Check out the FAQ area of this forum, The wiring for all of the systems are there. The pair is different for each ICS that Norstar made. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back