Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold Not Working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2010
US
Hello All!

I have been through a lot of threads here in the last couple of days and tried just about all of them, but I am still unable to get my MOH to work. As a side note, I was able to get "MOH" to work when someone called in and was placed in a vector, but when I changed ports it stoped working. I then changed the port back and still cant get that to work. Now, neither placing someone on hold nor putting someone in a vector will not play music.

Here is was I have:

Music Source -
1: Music 01B0622 MOH

Feature Related System Parameters -
Music (Silence) on Transfer Trunk Calls? Y
***I dont have the option to put a port in MUSIC ON HOLD in this screen.****

Tenant 1 -
Music Source 1

COR -
Hear Music On Hold Y

COS -
Data Privacy N

I check the port to make sure there is "current" coming out and there is.

I am hoping that I am just missing one/two/three steps.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Sorry - Meant to tell everyone that we are running on a Definity G3V12

Look in your trunk groups and make sure that "data privacy" is not set to "y" if it is turn that off...it will block MOH......

Create a test VDN pointing to a new vector. In the vector just put 'wait 999 hearing music'. Put ta trace up on the VDN and dial the VDN.

I assume that you have heard the music on the port with a butt set.

Kevin

wellco9530 - Thank you very much!!! That was it! Put data privacy to y and on hold and vector music works!

What getts me is that it was working on vectors for a little while, until i started changing ports. Oh well! It works now.

Thanks again! I'm so glad I found this forum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back