Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiplication sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbartsfe

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the multiplication sign (an x without serifs...)in Illustrator and in Photoshop? I use Illustrator 10 and Photoshop Cs on Mac OS 10.3.7.

Thanks!!

Ummmm... type x with a sans serif font?

Or am I missing something?

Yeah. I had a feeling a might be wrond about that and posed ti to some other more knowledgable folk than me. Here is the Readers Digest version of one reply I got:

A multiplication sign is NOT an ex. Unlike using a miniscule "x" from a sans font, a properly designed multiplication sign will look good with the rest of your font.

The alt code (Windows method of inserting symbols that are not on the keyboard) is alt+215 as aikodude said.

It is very possible that a poorly developed font -- or a a "pi font" composed of symbols -- wouldn't have that sign, but you shouldn't be setting anything important in such a poorly designed font.

Sorry about the dyslexia in my last post and sorry about the bad advice I gave (when I just gave a lecture in the Photoshop forum for people doing the same thing :))

Hi, does anyone know how I can save a Mac formated Illustrator 10 EPS file from Illustrator CS loaded on a PC?

Thanks in advice for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back