Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Site configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum04

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2012
Friends,

Here I am again seeking help from the very knowledgeable members of this Forum. I have IP Office 412 ver. 2.0 and Voice Mail Pro 2.1. I know it is quite old but due to cost concerns I cannot upgrade it in the near future. We do have a branch office in another state that uses a very complex and complicated phone system that is very hard to manage. I have read that IP Office can be used to configure multiple sites but cannot seem to find enough information on what is required on the other end(at the Branch Office ) to set this up. They currently have different phone numbers with a completely different area code. By doing this will the entire company have one single IP? How does this work if at all IP Office 412 is capable of doing so.

Thank you!

You can connect IP phones or another IPoffice.
But then you need to get it on the same software level or only having an IP trunk and no SCN.

But when there is no budget for an upgrade then forget all this :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Would it be cheaper than setting up an entirely new system? I guess we can always buy hardware for cheap on ebay, especially since it is old.

2.0 is very old.
I started on 3.0 and i think that was in 2005
The 400 serie do not need any licensing for it so you could try to find one.
But be aware that all the hardware is end of sale already for a while.

How many phones do you need on the other location?

BAZINGA!

25 for now. We currently have 15- 20 here already.

Then i would put in there own system.

BAZINGA!

I thought IP Office can handle atleast 300 extensions across multiple sites. Is this not correct?

A "site" is classed as a system, with the systems at each site being networked together, you can however add IP Phones at the branch office and have them linked via a VPN/WAN connection but this really could require a lot of bandwidth depending on useage. You need to employ the services of a qualified Avaya business partner really and they can advise your options and do the work, it's not always as easy as you may think :)

Ok. That makes sense. So if I do go that rute, will both the sites have the same area code extensions?

It depends. Each location is still stand-alone. Phone numbers, extensions, etc. But with SCN, you could route all inbound / outbound calls through one site. I wouldn't recommend it, but you do have the option.

Quote "I thought IP Office can handle atleast 300 extensions across multiple sites. Is this not correct"

IPO release 8 can handle up to 1000 users inside Avaya SCN network with maximum 32 systems .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back