Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdiorio

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm the new IT guy here and am just starting to dive into the IP Office. Nice system.

We're having a few issues that I can't seem to figure out, since I'm not a phone guy really. I know enough to be dangerous.

Background:

Standalone IP Office 500 just upgraded to 4.2.4 from 4.0.something.
11 analog lines
No IP anything on the network (phones or lines)
8 Avaya 5410 digital stations

We are occasionally getting the following [Waiting_For_Line]:

67640612mS CMARS: LINE ep Received: CMReleaseComp - child->state = CMCSOffering - ARS Call State = CMCSOverlapRecv
67640613mS CMCallEvt: 0.1481.0 -1 Alog Trunk:13: StateChange: END=X CMCSOffering->CMCSDelete
67640614mS CMARS: Target: Short_Code: N; - Line_Group_ID: 0 has been set to: CMARS_OUTOFSERVICE
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1480.0 129 ARS for Main: StateChange: END=B CMCSOverlapRecv->CMCSAccept
67640614mS CMCallEvt: 0.1478.0 129 Jodi.0: StateChange: END=A CMCSDialling->CMCSRingBack
67640615mS CMExtnEvt: v=6 State, new=Alerting old=Dialling,0,0,Jodi
67640615mS CMExtnTx: v=206, p1=0
CMProgress
Line: type=DigitalExtn 3 Call: lid=0 id=1478 in=0
IE CMIEProgressIndicator (30) cs=CMCSITUT (0), loc=CMLUser (0), pd=CMPDInbandPattern (8)
Display [WAITING_FOR_LINE]
Timed: 17/09/08 08:19
-----------------------------
In System Status, I'm now getting:

Attempt to use a feature for which no license is installed. License type: Conferencing Center

No free channels were available: Outgoing group ID: 0
----------------------------
I'm also trying to create a second incoming call route. Analog Lines 1-4 and 9-12 are in group 0,0 (incoming, outgoing). They are picked up by AA:AutoAA and everything is great with them.
I added 3 more analog lines for our billing department (13-15). They are definied in group 1,0 (incoming,outgoing). (I want incoming calls routed to a new billing AA, but all outgoing calls to use any available line.
Lines are enabled, created the new AA Billing Group.
Created a new Incoming Route: Line group ID 1 go to go destination AA Billing Group. However the AA never picks up.

2 of the 3 analog lines I just connected are giving an error of Loop Current was not detected. I assume this is an issue with the carier's hardware?

Any light you can shed on this is appreciated.

Waiting for line
there are no free lines to place the outbound call
either all your lines are in use or it is trying to use an unconnected line

2nd Auto attendant; make sure you have a diferent INCOMMINg line group ID & that you are using it in your incomming call routes.

3:no loop current: correct this port is not connected to a live line.

Waiting for line. We have 8 lines in our system and only 8 extentions. I can guarantee that the lines weren't maxed out at the time, and all 8 lines were usable.

Does this have any correlation to the "no free channels" message? Are free channels considered lines?

2nd auto attendant. The 3 lines I want to go into the AA have a line group ID of 1. All other lines are 0. I have used Group ID of 1 in my call routes.

3...that's what I thought, I have a support call in on that one as we speak.

The IP Office often has problems with Analogue lines and clear down issues, Look in system status at the lines and see if they are hanging when people finish the call.

ACS - IP Office Implement

I am seeing the following, not sure if it's related:

76888043mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=0.0 DTMF::AllocateRAS allocated CMRTTonegen resource busy 5, total 8
76888043mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=1.255 T
76888044mS CMMap: PCG::MapBChan pcp[71]b1r0 cp_b f5ad4c9c other_cp_b f5dde000 type CGTypeDTMF
76888044mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=20.3 M2
76888044mS CMMap: DTMF::playTones g T[370] ,EEEEE
76888044mS CMMap: Started playing tones, cp[71]b1r0 (from g null)
76888044mS CMMap: cp[71]b1r0 SetOperGroup from g null to g null not executed, playing tones in progress ,EEEEE
76889865mS CMMap: PCG::UnmapBChan pcp[71]b1r0 cp_b f5ad4c9c other_cp_b f5dde000
76889865mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=20.3 M0
76889865mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=0.0 T0
76889866mS CMMap: a=21.7 b=0.0 DTMF::~DTMF freed CMRTTonegen resource busy 4, total 8

What am I looking for in particular in the log to make sure the lines are being freed? Is there any documentation on the IP Office logging so I can read up on what everything in the log means? Thanks.

Look in Sytem Status App not Monitor, this will show you the status of trunks and can display traces of calls currently in session etc.

How does you Short Code looks like?
What typ of line do you have?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

I solved my AA issue...turns out the last IT guy mislabled the incoming lines, so I was testing off the wrong line, and the other two lines aren't working. Grr.

Anyway, so my next concerns are the Waiting for Line issue, No Free Channels issue, and the license issue.

Our lines are provided via TimeWarner cable and are broken out into analog.

I wouldn't worry about that licence warning, I get it too on my test system and I am not trying to use Conferencing Centre, I think it's 4.2 Sytem Status misinterpreting something. Did you monitor the lines after dropping a call?

It appears that all calls are being closed properly when the call disconnects.

I've had the No Free Channels Outgoing Group ID 0 message 117 times since yesterday I believe, when I reset the counts.

Plug an analogue handset directly into all the "working" lines to see if they are all actually OK

Unfortunately, it's a remote site that I only get out to every few weeks.

I have dialed in on each incoming line and am able to get to the Auto Attendent assigned.

Can I assume that the no free channels and waiting for line issue are the same?

I know channels can reference lines, but it can also reference voice recording channels, right?

Yes that's the same issue, have you taken the none working lines out of line group 0 (outgoing) as if not it will try to seize them and fail every so often as you describe.

I know you set them to 1 for incoming but it says in your initial post that they are set to 0 outgoing and if they are not working that's your problem.

I changed the the outgoing to 1 as well, and I'm still getting "No Free Channels Available".

Are there any settings for analog lines that could cause an issue?

andrew dot riddle at powerdial dot co dot uk , I'll take a quick look at your config to look for problems if you want to send it.

Analoge line number 15 (in the system)is still in line group 0 for outgoing, change that to 1 and also try setting the non working lines to Out of service in the analogue options like line number 16 currently is. Everything else looks OK to me.

Thanks. We'll see what happens. But shouldn't line 15 be OK in outgoing group 0? It is a working line.

But that makes 9 lines in group 0 I rhought you only had 8 working. No's 1,2,3,4,9,10,11,12 and 15 is 9 lines in group 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back