Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Coverage Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkenagy2

Systems Engineer
Sep 18, 2018
US
is there a limit on how many times a call can go to cover? They WANT the calls to continuously loop. If no one is available in queue, goes to coverage point 1 (a cell phone, rings 3 times) point 2 (next cell phone,rings 3 times, then BACK to original VDN and starts all over. It will go thru the process successfully 3 times and on the 3rd time entering the vector after MOH it forces a disconnect. ty

How long do you think a customer is going to stay on the line before they hang up

I think they are setting it up as a failure point anyway....they are waiting 3 minutes each time, so they are assuming a caller MIGHT wait 9 minutes (these are internal truckers callers from OTR), but personally I told them it was a ridiculous parameter to begin with. As it stands right now, no changes to what I told them, and if someone is desperate enough to wait 9 minutes+, it will disconnect. However, I can change that 3 minute wait step to 15 seconds, and it still disconnects after coming back in the 3rd time, so it must be a parameter of sort saying this call can no longer be handled, it's in a loop or something???? I just started here and am trying to clean up all of their vectors and this one they probably didn't know was never working in the first place.

maybe mst trace the d channel and see where the disconnect is coming from.

It could be in telcoland.

change system-parameters coverage-forwarding, check out Make sure Coverage Of Calls Redirected Off-Net Enabled? is set to yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back