Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Call-Fwd Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAy312

Technical User
May 22, 2014
US
I have an individual that is requesting two buttons to forward to two different extensions. I know that all he has to do is tap the button and enter a number each time but he has requested to avoid that. Is there a simple way to go about this? He does have a coverage path but that obviously isn't a button.. Any help would be great.

tell him tuff, sounds pretty lazy to me, 1 button will work fine

Haha, I just spoke with him and told him that I don't really think there is a way to do it. He didn't even realize there was a call forward button on his phone. Sigh.

You could probably build an autodial to the callforward feature code+destination.

He'd have 3 keys - FWD to A, FWD to B, and "call forward" which would be lit up when A or B are active and he could press that 3rd key to turn it off.

The feature code for call fwd is *20. How would that autodial work? Would I use a mark, pause? Learning as I go here.

yeah, a pause or maybe you'd be able to just build *2095551112222 and it would/could cfwd out to that number.

Haven't done it in a while, but yeah, that's the idea.

Sorry the activation is *20, that's the same thing correct? I added a paused and the extension, but when I tap the button it just goes to a dial tone, like it does when you tape the call-fwd button.

has the phone console permision?? look to the cos.
its y
the test this #20 ,self station nr, 9004969123456
without ,

^^ That doesn't make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back