Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi site tenanted speed dial directory options 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtest1000

Vendor
Jul 6, 2003
NZ
Hi Guys/Girls

Can anyone thing of a work around for this?

We are doing a number of deployments where we are consolidating a large number of individual sites with their own small systems onto one IP Office Server. In some cases replacing up to 30 or so sites onto One IP Office SE.

While the solution is working well one of the requirements we have is the customers want each site to have their own Speed Dial directory (Like they had on their old Systems) instead of the a single directory across the system like we have in the IP Office SE.

Has anyone thought of a way of do this apart from using the user rights template which would still mean they would have a peace of paper printed out on the wall at each site.

These are telephony users as well and don't tend to use applications.

I am about to do a Grip request for this :)

[cheers]

No workaround if they are all on the same system, reason is that the IPO is not a multi tenant system.
The workaround would be to put a local IP500V2 chassis in and program the speeddials there but that is probably not in the budget as it would be a lot more money.
Wrong system sold for this I am afraid and your GRIP request will be ignored as I am sure that this has been ignored for years.

If you tell them that this feature will sell 1000 more systems a year then they will consider it but anything lower than that they don't even look at it twice.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Yeah, some days it would not be much worse.
But thinking again the only way to get that working somewhat is to create shortcodes that are 5 digits or something and then make the 3rd digit the deciding factor who can disk them.
Have to type this on the PC give me a minute

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

example shortcodes 50601 to 50999 to service 4 sites
the shortcode is in the system but users only get a list of 601 - 699 then make user shortcodes that are assigned via user rights so that they dial 601 and dial either 50601, 50701, 50801 or 50901
that way you have the speeddials but not via directory

hope I make sense

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

then you can also go from 50001 to 59999 which would give you a lot of groups of 100 to set for different sites
if the 5xxx is in extension range then you can also make it *2450001 to *2459999 to stay away from extension dialing

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Thanks Westi

That's a nice touch but I know they will want to use them in the directory

I will do a GRIP anyway

[cheers]

good luck, multi tenanting is on my wish list for a long time.
they have probably a 100 requests already for it. Maybe I should put one in for it also.

The new one they want to use as SIP CO or whatever it is, does that have a multi tenant option maybe?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

It is a bit work but each user has a private directory. Import the companies phone book in each user individually.

That's a swell notion Intrigrant.

I'm a Spanish lumberjack and I'm ole'.

Ok Westi, you can have some pink too.

I'm a Spanish lumberjack and I'm ole'.

The private direcotry has a limit of 100 entries.
The only way to exceed that is to use One-X Portal.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks for the pink holdmusic

The personal directory is a good option though. 100 speeddials should get you at least started and most companies will be OK with it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back