Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi SCN - Phone Manager can't display users from some other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmy1981

Programmer
Apr 2, 2007
BE
Hi,
a customer has these PBX'es in a SCN.

site A: IP403 3.2(67) users in 1xx range
site B: IP401 3.2(55) users in 2xx range
site C: IP401 3.2(55) users in 3xx range
site D: IP500 4.2(49501) users in 4xx range
site E: IP500 4.2(49501) users in 5xx range
site F: IP406 3.2(55) users in 6xx range

They all use Phone Manager (can't get the right software versions from them at this moment...).

- Site F can't add the users (or see the users in the list when they want to add a BLF) from site D or E
- Site A can't add the users from site E

Other sites can see all the users. Internal dialing from a phone doesn't give problems neither.

Can this be explained by the different software versions on the PBX'es? Or the different types (IP406 - IP500). Although, never had this problem before - even with different software versions, ...

Customer can't say for sure if it did work in the past. Not all of the PBX'es are installed by us.

Maybe it's a network issue, like a port blocking the info in the phone manager user list.

Can't do that. All phones are analog.
If I can't figure it out here I'll go there with a digital phone for testing purposes like you say.

update: I found one 5410 in site A. From remote, I programmed a user button "501 Andrew" -> this user exists in site E.

Nothing happened when pressing this button.
I'v checked all the technical bulletins from 71 to 102, but can't find anything about this problem...

update 2: I asked the IT manager to make sure al the firewall ports are opened (like described in the IPO installation manual).

If this gives resuslt, I'll post them back here to keep you informed.

this is the port for blf updates

UDP 50795 IPO Voice Networking Small Community Network signalling (AVRIP) and BLF updates. Each system does a broadcast every 30 seconds. BLF updates are sent required up a maximum of every 0.5 seconds.

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

Conflicting Numbering Plan would be a good place to start I think.

HTH

Jason

also is the SCN actually really working, can you call that site without having shortcodes in the system you are calling from?
How are the IP lines setup, star topology like Avaya recommends or are there multiple IP lines going to multiple sites. If you have a star setup which one is the main hub.
Check in the IP500 on the System Status if the SCN is really active, on the other sites you can check with the monitor application and see if the AVRIP packets are going and coming from all sites

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Westi is right

What is the main site?(with iplines to the other sites)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

All sites have different numbers, so no conflicting number plan.

Every site has IP routes to the other sites. But all sites can call to each other without shortcodes, so the SCN is working.

I asked for an update when checking the ports, but haven't heard anything yet...

How are the ip trunks setup?
Older sw required mesh topology but latest sw requires star topology.

every site has an IP line and IP route to the other sites.
for example:

Site A has:
- 5 IP lines (Voice Networking checked and Gateway = the IP of the PBX on the other site)

- 5 IP routes (broadcast address of for the other sites and gateway from site A)

I don't think this SCN is the problem. But how does this star topology works? If the connection to the main site fails, you can't reach any of the sites anymore?

2nd guess. In the IP Lines, it's possible the compression modes aren't the same for every site. Could this be the reason for not seeing the users? I think the SCN shouldn't work if these aren't set the same.

There is one main site with iplines to all systems
All the other systems have one ipline to the main site
The main site then routes all calls to the other sites
But your network must be setup so it can reach all sites from the remote sites

So ipo in star and network in mesh !

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search