Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800bdfc & similar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

essgee

Programmer
Aug 27, 2004
GB
Hi

My PC is being a nightmare at the moment.
Whatever browser i use, every 10 mins or so it comes up with an error like the one above then closes down.

anyone any idea what is going on ?

Hi

I had a call the other day, where Windows refused to load because MSVCRT.dll got corrupt, what you could do is replace it with the MSVCRT.dll from your windows CD and rename the current one to MSVCRT Old (For backup purposes)

If you want to replace the DLL you can do it in windows or boot into DOS and use the copy DOS command to overwrite the bad MSVCRT

My call I worked on was for XP, but im sure it will probably work for you also

Thanks

Jamie

thanx jamie

no luck thou unfortunatly.
now getting similar but with this error :

MSLS31.DLL at 0167:4808d394

any ideas ?

just got this from netscape

GKLAYOUT.DLL at 0167:60567f16

Hi What version of IE are you running?

(Help -> About Intenret Explorer)

- If you suspect you are running an out of date version you could service pack IE up to the latest verson, this sometimes overwrites corrupt .DLL's

- To do that you can go to the windows update site

If that doesn't solve the prob at least we can rule things out and look at what else it might be

Cheers

Jamie

Using version 6.0.2800.110615

just downloaded and installed all latest updates from microsoft.

everything ok so far......

thanks for the help.
will let you know if it goes again

simon

oh well - lasted about 10 mins, theni got this from internet explorer

MSHTML.DLL at 0167:6360b673

and now this one :

KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff7b9a6

any ideas ?

(i am currently bidding for a new PC on ebay - if i win, then i may just throw this one out of the window)

Re-install Windows over itself. You'll lose all your updates, but all the other programs will be OK. Now you can update one by one and find out which update (if any) messed you up.

Thanks Micker.

To be honest, I don't really want to do that yet.
I have about 30gig of stuff on my hard drive that i don't really have a way of backing up.
Dangerous, I know...but at this time I have nothing to backup to.

I'm not sure it was an update that messed me up - i just don't think they made any differance from the problem i had in the first place.

thanx for your help guys - anyone got any more suggestions ?

Installing 98 over itself won't damage your other files. When you put the CD in, go to "Browse This CD" and look for "setup".

think i may have cracked it.

i have removed one of the RAM modules and so far no problems. Means i am down to 128mb, but it's working a lot better.....

fingers crossed !

Very best of luck and hope your prob goes away, sorry I couldn't keep in touch with the thread, I have lost my intenret connection indoors :-( and can only use at work

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back