Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msg indicator light not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstargirl

Vendor
Dec 21, 2001
US
I have a system with 4.1 MICs Software and the MSG indicators lights are not working? Would this be with my version of software or phones they have T7316e's and non E

M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Do a Feature #806 to make sure that Static Time and Date are not on. Also make sure that in the VM you said Y to Message Waiting.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Yes, without 6.1, the 7316E will operate as a 7316 but that shouldn't affect the msg waiting lights. As DigitalD suggested, I'd make sure MW was enabled in each subscriber mailbox. Also check that you entered an extention #.

the version of 4.1 dictates the message light on 7316e phones it needs to be 4.1 w.i6.15 or higher to light the red light.

I have a mix of T7316E and (majority) T7208 analog phones. There are a handfull I have not been able to get the message waiting light to work. In the CallPilot Manager, all mailboxes are set to their proper extensions. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the "message waiting light" check box. Still the Msg light is not working. The Voice Mail Version is 35.30.30.22. The BCM version is 3.5. This isn't my area of expertise, so I appreciate the help.

-Mike

Post your thread in the BCM forum.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back