Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA1000/netware 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
FR
Hi,

i've just connect MSA1000 on an existing cluster with RA4000 array and i have some problems.
Servers seem to discover MSA1000 normally :
the command "list devices" gives me
0x0001 : [V502-A0-D0:0] COMPAQ MSA1000 FW:2.38 ID:0 LUN:0
I've already manage MSA1000 with smartsart and create logical volume...
Well, communication seems to be good but when i try to manage array with NSS, I can't.
"cpqonlin/array configuration utility/compaq 64/66 fibre host adapter in PCI slot x" return a warning : "There are no configurable controllers available in this system. Make sure both CPQFC.HAM and CPQSHD.CDM are loaded" (they are).
And i can't see MSA device in console one..
I have updated drivers, firmware, apply NSS post SP3c..
Is it a problem between my 2 fiber adaptater?
Is there a new cpqfc.ham to download (i see it in beta SP4 for netware)?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Hi,

if you are using a RA4100 solution, you are using an old Compaq HBA 64-bit/66-MHz Fibre Channel Host Adapter (120186-B21). This HBA isn't supported by MSA1000. For a Netware environment you have to use the HBA HP-FCA2210 (281540-B21). It's an OEM product from QLogic (QLA2340). If you use this Adapter or two adapters with secure path your solution will work.

You can find the MSA1000 Compatibility List at:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/msa1000/MSACompatibilitymatrix.pdf

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back