Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Exchange Brick Level backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Hi All,

I have been implementing a brick level backups for our organisation. It seems to have been working just fine, apart from the agent not being able to read a few mailboxes from time to time. I usually get the following error message when a particular mailbox cannot be backed up:

“[JobID:855 (HOSTNAME) Inc Brick Level] E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=\Individual Mailboxes\User, Name [u.name], EC=EXCH Exchange Agent -- (2529) \"Fail to Open Information Store\".)”

Does any one know why this happens? Most of the mailboxes are being backed up without any problems.
I use BrightStor ArcServe Backup 11.5

Regards,

Michael

I use to have the same probelm. This occurs when you attempt to backup a mailbox that is disabled at least in my case that is. Are your mailboxes disabled? If they are disabled I had to assign the selg group the associated external acount and full mailbox rights (which I believe is required if you assign the associate external account. Below is the link to the knowledge base Article off the CA site.

Hi,

Thanks guys for your replies. Both of you are correct. I've checked the status of the accounts associated with the mailboxes. The accounts have been disabled.

Thanks a lot again.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back