Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Phone Buttons with Element Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadnewman

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2010
CA
I thought I could move the buttons on a phone by dragging and dropping the buttons using Element Manager? I went to Sets,Active Sets, Select Ext, Select capabilities and Preferences, select button programming tab.

What I'm trying to do is move the Line and Hunt Group buttons to the top right row of buttons, so this phone is like everyone elses phone.

Any direction is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad Newman

You can't drag and drop, you could use Feature *81 which allow you to move buttons around.Go to the phone,hit feature *81 and then press the button you want to move and then press the button where you want it to go.

You also want to make sure of the phone model you are using. For instance, you cannot put or move (F*81) lines to the top buttons of a regular T7316. It would have to be a T6316e in order for you to get the lines up there.

Try to do a copy from a correct phone to the problem phone, it will ask what do you want to copy.... just check the box for button programming.

MRoberts

Thanks for the help folks.

I'm not trying to move the lines to the top buttons of the T7316 but rather to the top 2 buttons on the row of buttons where the key pad is. When I try to do the move I get Invalid location but it seems that I can move it down to a blank button below.

I've clear out the programming on the buttons I'm trying to move the lines to.

Copying and pasting from a correctly configured phone did not work.

Thanks,

Chad

Lines cannot go on those buttons up there. They are only for internal auto dials, external auto dials, and features.

Lines can ONLY go on the buttons below.

Sorry.

MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back