Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Offices - Need help with Magix BRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhill

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Greetings all,
I have a Merlin Magix system in one of my company's branch offices. It's being fed three BRIs by the local telco. About a month from now, we're going to be moving to a new building and the system has to move with us. I've already ordered the three new BRIs for the new building however as we're moving far enough away, the spids are going to be different. I'm planning on everything except the six numbers being the same in the new location. Is there a lot involved in making this change? I won't have any problem punching down all of the extensions, etc however if it's something that is going to be quite involved, I may have to consider getting some outside help. Any advice / information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason

Very easy move... just change the DN (Directory Numbers) and SPIDS:
From MLX20L
1 - 7 MENU > SYS PROGRAM > START > LINES TRUNKS > MORE > BRI > SPID/DN >
8 Enter Line Number of First BRI Trunk (example 801) > ENTER
9 Use DELETE or Backspace and change spid displayed to new spid > ENTER
10 Use Backspace to Erase DN then key new corresponding DN > NEXT
will take you to the next SPID ...repeat steps 9 & 10 with all 6 spids and DNs then hit HOME and you should be home free with the red L.E.D out on the 800BRI card within a few seconds if everything else is connected correctly.

If you run into problems, post a follow-up.. i'll monitor this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back