Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Power on CS1000 systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbull97580

Vendor
Aug 6, 2011
US
Is it possible to monitor power if your cores are in 1010 shelves?

I have a system with the cores in 1010 cabinets. I still have several of the legacy IPE shelves with the MGXPEC cards in them. Is it possible to get alarms for power, fan, etc like you used to through the Sys Monitor card? There are also remote 1010 chassis in other buildings. I noticed one of these had one of the redundant power supplies go bad but an alarm was never generated. I even tested by turning off a power supply in a cabinet to verify no alarms showed up in history or in the rdall logs in pdt.

Wondering if anyone has run across this? Seems like a major oversight if you can't monitor the power anymore.

I've talked to a few techs and no one I've talked to has been able to get this to work. There's a procedure in the MGXPEC guide. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with this?

The only way to get power alarms from a MG1010 cabinet is with a SNMP trap.

I would think an SNMP power supply alarm would be a PWR or POWER alarm but apparently not
=> prt edt pw$
not in edt

=> prt edt po$
not in edt

Anyone know what the SNMP trap would be for a power supply failure would be from an E type switch?

Clarification of MGC alarms and SNMP.
From page 1923 of NN43001-712
Software Input Output Reference —
System Messages
Avaya Communication Server 1000 Release 7.6

Standard 06.03 June 2014

MGC may also issue VGW system messages.
The message title in SNMP trap contains a digit after the MGC prefix, that corresponds to a severity level. The security levels are listed below:
• 1 - Critical
• 2 - Major
• 3 - Minor
• 4 - Info
• 5 - Cleared
For example, if severity of the alarm is Major, the message title in SNMP trap will be MGC2XXX.
Messages related to MG1010 are sent only via SNMP traps; these messages (MGC0019-MGC0030) are not printed on MGC TTY and are not stored in the
report logs.

Thus
MGC0020 cleared becomes MGC5020
MGC0021 major becomes MGC2021
MGC0022 cleared becomes MGC5022
MGC0023 major becomes MGC2023
MGC0024 cleared becomes MGC5024
MGC0025 major becomes MGC2025
MGC0026 cleared becomes MGC5026
MGC0027 warning (actually Major) becomes MGC2027
MGC0028 cleared becomes MGC5028
MGC0029 major becomes MGC2029
MGC0030 cleared becomes MGC5030

We have the same setup tbull97580. I have Avaya researching this now. They have yet to get back to me. If I hear anything back I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back