Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Hunt Groups / Manage Sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin3355

Technical User
May 16, 2009
EU
Hi All,

I have an MX One 3.2 and I need to know how to monitor a hunt group on a key on a 44XX IP phone.

Will I do this the same way for a Manager Sec

Many thanks in advance

Merlin

you can't monitor a hunt group, you can monitor the extensions in the group via MDN/MNS

best parnum

HI Parnum

Thanks v much. I have a first aid group and I need all the phones to ring when the group is called, what is the best way of doing this. Should I have a single memeber in the group and the other 15 extensions monitor that extension?

Thanks

Merlin

I have set this up with an analogue extension with no phone plugged in as the incoming number, then MNS to that number from the handsets, set the key on handsets to CALALT=1. Then when a call comes into the number all the keys ring and flash. This can be noisy when all the phones are in the same room, so sometimes put a handset in the room to ring and set CALALT=0 on the MNS key so that the one phone will ring and phones just flash on their MNS key.

best parnum

HI Parnum

Thanks again, I will follow the same methord

Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back